LHC concerned about man missing for 16 years
LAHORE:The Lahore High Court on Friday expressed concern over failure of police to recover a man allegedly missing for the last 16 years and sought a detailed report from the SSP investigations.
Justice Shehram Sarwar Chaudhry was hearing a habeas corpus petition filed by Muhammad Sarwar for the recovery of his son. Advocate Naik Muhammad, the petitioner’s counsel, stated before the court that the son of the petitioner namely Nasir was 15-year-old and a student of 10th class when he was allegedly abducted in 2004.
The counsel said Garden Town police registered the FIR with a delay of one year and made no progress in the investigation. He said the matter was also taken to the Commission for Missing Persons where the police opposed it claiming that the matter did not fall within the category of missing persons. Consequently, he said, the commission disposed of the matter after one year.
The SSP investigations was supposed to appear before the court on Friday, however, an officer of DSP rank appeared instead of the SSP and told the court that the office of the SSP investigations had been lying vacant as the new incumbent was yet to take charge of his duties since the transfer of the predecessor.
Justice Chaudhry observed that the matter pertained to the life of a person who had been allegedly missing for the last 16 years.
The judge adjourned the hearing for Oct 27 and directed SSP investigations to appear in person along with a report. Meanwhile, the Lahore High Court refused pre-arrest bail to a man facing a charge of gang-rape of a woman.
-
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies