IGP reviews security arrangements in Nowshera, Mardan for Muharram
NOWSHERA/MARDAN: Inspector General of Police Sanaullah Abbasi on Wednesday visited Nowshera and Mardan districts and reviewed security arrangements made for Muharram.
“The police force is all set to maintain law and order during Muharram as stringent security arrangements have been in place for the purpose,” the IGP told a press conference after reviewing police security measures in Nowshera district.
Regional Police Officer, Mardan Range, Sher Akbar Khan, District Police Officer Najmul Hasnain, Assistant Superintendent of Police Nowshera Cantt Bilal Ahmad and others were also present on the occasion.
Sanaullah Abbasi said that Dera Ismail Khan and Kohat had been declared sensitive while the law and order situation in the rest of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa was normal.
The top cop, however, said that there was no big threat to the law and order situation but sabotage acts cannot be ruled out owing to the sectarian differences.
He said that he had come to Nowshera to review security arrangements made for Muhrram in the district.
He said that Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police had played the frontline role and rendered matchless sacrifices during militancy and war on terrorism in the province.
During his visit to Mardan district, Sanaullah Abbasi said that overall situation in the province was better as compared to other parts of the country.
He said that over 35,000 regular cops and 11,000 reserve policemen along with personnel of the Frontier Corps (FC) and army will perform duty during Muharram.
He added that they are also extending Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) and Special Branch to merged districts of the province.
Sanaullah Abbasi added that they had also prepared emergency, traffic and communication plans throughout the province during Muharram.
RPO Sher Akbar Khan, DPO Zahidullah Khan and other police officials accompanied the IGP during his visit to the district.
Earlier, the DPO briefed the IGP on the overall security arrangements made for Muharram in the district. The DPO said that safe city project was need of time.
-
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony -
King Charles In Hot Water After Andrew Arrest: ‘Step Down!’ -
Space-based Solar Power Could Push The World Beyond Net Zero: Here’s How -
Kate Walsh Remembers Her 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane Following His Death At 53 -
AI Ad Wars Begin As Perplexity Snubs ChatGPT Advertising -
Microsoft Copilot Bug Exposes Confidential Emails To AI -
Eric Dane Final Emotional Words Revealed After Tragic Death -
Prince William 'furious' Regarding His Own Future After Andrew Arrest -
Charli XCX Reveals ‘confusing’ Toll ‘Brat’ Popularity Took On Her -
Android Phones At Risk: PromptSpy Malware Exploits AI -
Barry Manilow Gives Insight Into 'very Depressing' Doctor Visit As He Postpones 2026 Arena Tour Due To Cancer -
Margot Robbie Opens Up About Imposter Syndrome ‘crisis’ -
'Desperate' Sarah Ferguson Won't Go Down Without A Fight