CHAKWAL The City
Sixth Muharram procession concluded in ChakwalFrom Our CorrespondentCHAKWAL: The sixth Muharram procession was peacefully ended here on Tuesday.It was started from Imambargah Muhajreen and ended at Imambargah Sarpark. The district administration and police had adopted strict security arrangements for the procession. DCO Mehmood Javed Bhatti and DPO Dr Moeen Masood
By our correspondents
October 21, 2015
Sixth Muharram procession concluded in Chakwal
From Our Correspondent
CHAKWAL: The sixth Muharram procession was peacefully ended here on Tuesday.
It was started from Imambargah Muhajreen and ended at Imambargah Sarpark. The district administration and police had adopted strict security arrangements for the procession. DCO Mehmood Javed Bhatti and DPO Dr Moeen Masood supervised all the arrangements during the procession. Due to security threat, CCTV cameras were also installed on the route of the procession. The most sensitive procession of seventh of Muharram would be taken out on Wednesday (today). The army troops would arrive in the city on Wednesday to assist the district administration. Additional policemen were also called from the Rawalpindi police range and the services of the Punjab Constabulary were also taken for the procession of seventh of Muharram. DPO Dr Moeen Masood told that plainclothes police officials would be deployed along the route of seventh of Muharram procession and all the routes would be sealed with barbed wires.
GENERAL COUNCILLOR CANDIDATE DIES: It is likely that Local Government election in the UC Karsal Ward No 1 will be postponed after the death of Ahmad Khan, a general councillor candidate, here on Tuesday.
Ahmad Khan belonged to Sardar group. It is the second death as another candidate of a general councillor had also been died in UC Jand Awan and the returning officer of the UC had already postponed the polls on the seat.
From Our Correspondent
CHAKWAL: The sixth Muharram procession was peacefully ended here on Tuesday.
It was started from Imambargah Muhajreen and ended at Imambargah Sarpark. The district administration and police had adopted strict security arrangements for the procession. DCO Mehmood Javed Bhatti and DPO Dr Moeen Masood supervised all the arrangements during the procession. Due to security threat, CCTV cameras were also installed on the route of the procession. The most sensitive procession of seventh of Muharram would be taken out on Wednesday (today). The army troops would arrive in the city on Wednesday to assist the district administration. Additional policemen were also called from the Rawalpindi police range and the services of the Punjab Constabulary were also taken for the procession of seventh of Muharram. DPO Dr Moeen Masood told that plainclothes police officials would be deployed along the route of seventh of Muharram procession and all the routes would be sealed with barbed wires.
GENERAL COUNCILLOR CANDIDATE DIES: It is likely that Local Government election in the UC Karsal Ward No 1 will be postponed after the death of Ahmad Khan, a general councillor candidate, here on Tuesday.
Ahmad Khan belonged to Sardar group. It is the second death as another candidate of a general councillor had also been died in UC Jand Awan and the returning officer of the UC had already postponed the polls on the seat.
-
Hilary Duff’s Son Roasts Her Outfit In New Album Interview -
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form Part Ways After 3 Years Of Marriage -
Eric Dane Rejected Sex Symbol Label -
Avan Jogia Says Life With Fiancee Halsey Feels Like 'coming Home' -
Kate Middleton's Role In Handling Prince William And Harry Feud Revealed -
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
David, Victoria Beckham Gushes Over 'fiercely Loyal' Son Cruz On Special Day -
Taylor Swift Made Sure Jodie Turner-Smith's Little Girl Had A Special Day On 'Opalite' Music Video Set -
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School -
King Charles Lands In The Line Of Fire Because Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Denise Richards Doubles Down On Abuse Claims Against Ex Husband Aaron Phypers Amid Show Return -
Russia Set To Block Overseas Crypto Exchanges In Sweeping Crackdown -
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027