MULTAN City News
‘Drone cameras to monitor Majalis, processions’From Our CorrespondentMULTAN: City Police Officer Azhar Akram has said that a high-level security meeting has finalised an aggressive strategy on Muharram security. Talking to newsmen here on Thursday, he said that drone cameras would be used for the first time in Multan. He said
By our correspondents
October 16, 2015
‘Drone cameras to monitor Majalis, processions’
From Our Correspondent
MULTAN: City Police Officer Azhar Akram has said that a high-level security meeting has finalised an aggressive strategy on Muharram security.
Talking to newsmen here on Thursday, he said that drone cameras would be used for the first time in Multan. He said that the drone cameras would cover all aspects of Majalis and processions. He said that a central control room had been set up at the CPO Office.
He said that the security personnel would submit Majalis and processions reports from beginning to end to the central security room on daily basis. He said army and police were jointly responsible for security in the light of the joint strategy and extensive coordination. All the SPs would remain in touch with the Special Branch, he added.
He said that more than 5,000 security personnel would perform security duties on daily basis round-the-clock in the district during Muharram.
He said that total 487 processions would be taken out in the district during the first 10 days of Muharram. Of them, 104 were of category ‘A’ and 383 of category ‘B’, he added. As many as 1,663 Majalis would be held during Muharram, he said, adding that 441 Majalis fell in category ‘A’ and 222 in category ‘B’.
CPO Azhar Akram said that 53 Majalis would be held and four mourning processions would be taken out on Muharram 2. He said that 2,006 policemen had been assigned security duties for that particular day. Ten police reserves would remain standby at the Police Lines, he added.
He said that 150 Majalis were held and five processions were taken out on Muharram 1. As many as 1,881 policemen performed security duties on Muharram 1. The CPO said that he had appointed Multan SSP Operations Dr Atif Akram as the in-charge of overall security in the district and the SPs as in-charges of their respective police divisions.
Meanwhile, police and army men held a flag march to maintain peace during Muharram. The flag march was taken out from the Multan Police Lines and moved on city roads across the walled city, realising the people about vigilance of law enforcing agencies.
From Our Correspondent
MULTAN: City Police Officer Azhar Akram has said that a high-level security meeting has finalised an aggressive strategy on Muharram security.
Talking to newsmen here on Thursday, he said that drone cameras would be used for the first time in Multan. He said that the drone cameras would cover all aspects of Majalis and processions. He said that a central control room had been set up at the CPO Office.
He said that the security personnel would submit Majalis and processions reports from beginning to end to the central security room on daily basis. He said army and police were jointly responsible for security in the light of the joint strategy and extensive coordination. All the SPs would remain in touch with the Special Branch, he added.
He said that more than 5,000 security personnel would perform security duties on daily basis round-the-clock in the district during Muharram.
He said that total 487 processions would be taken out in the district during the first 10 days of Muharram. Of them, 104 were of category ‘A’ and 383 of category ‘B’, he added. As many as 1,663 Majalis would be held during Muharram, he said, adding that 441 Majalis fell in category ‘A’ and 222 in category ‘B’.
CPO Azhar Akram said that 53 Majalis would be held and four mourning processions would be taken out on Muharram 2. He said that 2,006 policemen had been assigned security duties for that particular day. Ten police reserves would remain standby at the Police Lines, he added.
He said that 150 Majalis were held and five processions were taken out on Muharram 1. As many as 1,881 policemen performed security duties on Muharram 1. The CPO said that he had appointed Multan SSP Operations Dr Atif Akram as the in-charge of overall security in the district and the SPs as in-charges of their respective police divisions.
Meanwhile, police and army men held a flag march to maintain peace during Muharram. The flag march was taken out from the Multan Police Lines and moved on city roads across the walled city, realising the people about vigilance of law enforcing agencies.
-
Huge Donations Made On Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Matty Healy Sets Summer Wedding Date Close To Ex Taylor Swift's Nuptials -
Jennifer Lawrence On Her Complicated Relationship With Fame While Battling Rejection: 'Annoying' -
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony