Justice Isa threat case: FIA has done nothing so far, says CJP
ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court (SC) on Friday issued notices to Maulvi Iftikhar Uddin Mirza for using derogatory, contemptuous and scandalous language against the institution of judiciary and judges.
A two-member bench of the apex court comprising Chief Justice Gulzar Ahmed and Justice Ijazul Ahsen heard a suo motu case in the matter. The court also issued notices to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) director general and attorney general for July 2. Justice Gulzar Ahmed the other day took notice of video clip viral on social media containing derogatory, contemptuous and scandalous language against the institution of judiciary and judges.
One Agha Iftikhar Uddin Mirza in a video clip that got widely viral the other day on social media used derogatory language against the institution and judges. During the course of hearing, the chief justice asked the attorney general what action had been taken so far.
Khalid Javed submitted that a compliant was filed with the Police Station Secretariat, Islamabad, by spouse of Justice Qazi Faez Isa; however, the matter has been referred to FIA. He further informed the court that the FIA has started proceedings under Prevention of Electronic Crime Act 2016 as well as Section 5 of Pakistan Penal Code (PPC).
The AG further submitted that the matter is also being examined under Section 6 of Anti-Terrorism Act (ATA). The chief justice, however, observed that nothing has been done so far by the FIA on the complaints, earlier lodged by the judges.
Justice Ijazul Ahsen observed that a complaint had been filed by the wife of a judge, adding that the entire judiciary was maligned. The judge said that before filing the complaint by spouse of judge the FIA did not take action on the video.
The attorney general said that the complaint lodged by the spouse of Qazi Faez Isa contains two parts, one relates to the video while the second part of the complaint has nothing to do with video.
Meanwhile, Sarkar Abbas, counsel for Iftikhar Uddin Mirza, told the court that her client had come to the court but he was taken into custody by the police. The chief justice inquired as to why he was taken over by the police. Later, the court issued notices to Iftikhar Uddin Mirza, the FIA director general and attorney general for July 2 and adjourned the case.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years