Suspect held in Multan
MULTAN: Police have arrested suspect during house-to-house search operation launched here at two different police station areas, police said on Sunday. According to police sources, accompanying law enforcement agencies officials, the police teams encircled the area and blocked the traffic on the road passing through Chah Addiwala, Shershah, B-Block Hayatabad and suburban areas respectively in premises of Shah Rukn-e-Alam and Muzaffarabad police stations. Police teams combed the area and targeted dozens of houses and make biometric identification of 58 people. The teams arrested a suspect and also recovered hundreds of kites and chemical thread during the search operation. Further investigations were underway from the suspect, police sources added.
55,000 metric ton wheat procured: District Food Controller (DFC) Malik Mumtaz said that they had procured 55,000 metric ton wheat so far during the wheat procurement drive 2020 across the district. While talking here on Sunday, Malik Mumtaz said that they had issued 72 per cent gunny bags quota among the growers so far. He said that they were facing difficulties in achieving the wheat target due to weather condition and unscheduled rains. He said 200 to 300 gunny bags were being provided to growers according per their needs under open door policy. He informed that centre incharges were authorised to issue 500 gunny bags per grower while DFC could issue 1000 gunny bags. He said that the wheat procurement target for Multan district was set 200,000 metric ton and hoped that they would complete the target by the end of May. He said no complaint about gunny bags or wheat procurement was registered by growers due to open door policy. About quality wheat, the DFC informed that food staff ensured checking of each wheat bag at wheat procurement centres and low quality wheat given back to growers during checking. Preventive measures about corona virus, Imtiaz said that hand wash facility, social distancing and use of sanitizers was being ensured for wheat growers at each centre to avert from corona virus pandemic. He said that 17 wheat procurement centres had set up across the district where wheat drive is heading smoothly. He said that payments to wheat growers were being ensured through local banks attached with wheat procurement centres without any delay.
-
King Charles Lands In The Line Of Fire Because Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Denise Richards Doubles Down On Abuse Claims Against Ex Husband Aaron Phypers Amid Show Return -
Russia Set To Block Overseas Crypto Exchanges In Sweeping Crackdown -
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff -
US Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump’s Global Tariffs As 'unlawful' -
Kelly Clarkson Explains Decision To Quit 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' -
Inside Hilary Duff's Supportive Marriage With Husband Matthew Koma Amid New Album Release -
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens -
Director Beth De Araujo Alludes To Andrew's Arrest During Child Trauma Talk -
'Harry Potter' Alum Daniel Radcliffe Gushes About Unique Work Ethic Of Late Co Star Michael Gambon -
Video Of Andrew 'consoling' Eugenie Resurfaces After Release From Police Custody -
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul