GUJRANWALA City News
Survey of rice cultivation lands completed in Gujranwala divFrom Our CorrespondentGUJRANWALA: Commissioner Shumail Ahmed Khawaja has said that100 per cent survey of rice cultivation lands has been completed by the district governments in the division.He said this while addressing a video-link conference here on Tuesday. All DCOs and other concerned
By our correspondents
September 30, 2015
Survey of rice cultivation lands completed in Gujranwala div
From Our Correspondent
GUJRANWALA: Commissioner Shumail Ahmed Khawaja has said that100 per cent survey of rice cultivation lands has been completed by the district governments in the division.
He said this while addressing a video-link conference here on Tuesday. All DCOs and other concerned officers of the division participated in the video-link conference. The commissioner said that third party evaluation work was also being completed by the special teams constituted for the purpose to compensate the farmers. The commissioner directed the DCOs to gear-up the third party evaluation and complete lists of eligible farmers as early as possible. It was told in the meeting that total measuring of rice cultivation land was 1,396,233 acres while 168,503 farmers would be given financial aid from the government. It was told that reconfirmation work of 150 villages in Gujranwala district, 145 villages in Gujrat, 93 villages in Mandi Bahauddin villages, 132 villages in Sialkot, 144 villages in Narowal and 100 villages in Hafizabad had been completed.
CALL TO FOLLOW ECP CODE OF CONDUCT: District Returning Officer Rafaqat Ali has said that no one will be allowed to violate the code of conduct made by the Election Commission of Pakistan in the upcoming Local Government elections.
Talking to reporters in his office, he said that strict implementation of the orders would be ensured and action would be taken against those found violating the rules. He said that the final lists of candidates would sent to the government departments including Wapda, SNGPL, Income Tax, PTCL, Property Tax and banks and defaulters would not be allowed to take part in the elections.
MINA STAMPEDE: Muhammad Yaqoob, a resident of Nawan Pind, is also among the injured persons of Mina stampede.
Assistant Commissioner Sadar Arifullah Awan on Tuesday contacted his family and informed them about the latest situation of the injured. According to the district help desk, Muhammad Yaqoob, his mother Safdari Begum and sister Hajwiriya Bibi had gone to perform Haj. It was informed that Yaqoob was under treatment in a hospital and would return back to Pakistan on Oct 26.
BODY FOUND: An unidentified dead body of a girl was found from a nullah here on Tuesday.
Some unidentified accused murdered the girl and threw her body into the nullah. Sadar police have sent the body to the DHQ Hospital for autopsy after registering a case.
DASKA LAWYERS KILLING CASE ADJOURNED TILL OCT 1: Anti-Terrorism Court Judge Imtiaz Ahmad on Tuesday adjourned the hearing of famous Daska lawyers killing case till Oct 1.
The court adjourned the hearing as counsel of accused Shahzad Warraich was not present. The court ordered the police to produce one more witness during the next hearing.
From Our Correspondent
GUJRANWALA: Commissioner Shumail Ahmed Khawaja has said that100 per cent survey of rice cultivation lands has been completed by the district governments in the division.
He said this while addressing a video-link conference here on Tuesday. All DCOs and other concerned officers of the division participated in the video-link conference. The commissioner said that third party evaluation work was also being completed by the special teams constituted for the purpose to compensate the farmers. The commissioner directed the DCOs to gear-up the third party evaluation and complete lists of eligible farmers as early as possible. It was told in the meeting that total measuring of rice cultivation land was 1,396,233 acres while 168,503 farmers would be given financial aid from the government. It was told that reconfirmation work of 150 villages in Gujranwala district, 145 villages in Gujrat, 93 villages in Mandi Bahauddin villages, 132 villages in Sialkot, 144 villages in Narowal and 100 villages in Hafizabad had been completed.
CALL TO FOLLOW ECP CODE OF CONDUCT: District Returning Officer Rafaqat Ali has said that no one will be allowed to violate the code of conduct made by the Election Commission of Pakistan in the upcoming Local Government elections.
Talking to reporters in his office, he said that strict implementation of the orders would be ensured and action would be taken against those found violating the rules. He said that the final lists of candidates would sent to the government departments including Wapda, SNGPL, Income Tax, PTCL, Property Tax and banks and defaulters would not be allowed to take part in the elections.
MINA STAMPEDE: Muhammad Yaqoob, a resident of Nawan Pind, is also among the injured persons of Mina stampede.
Assistant Commissioner Sadar Arifullah Awan on Tuesday contacted his family and informed them about the latest situation of the injured. According to the district help desk, Muhammad Yaqoob, his mother Safdari Begum and sister Hajwiriya Bibi had gone to perform Haj. It was informed that Yaqoob was under treatment in a hospital and would return back to Pakistan on Oct 26.
BODY FOUND: An unidentified dead body of a girl was found from a nullah here on Tuesday.
Some unidentified accused murdered the girl and threw her body into the nullah. Sadar police have sent the body to the DHQ Hospital for autopsy after registering a case.
DASKA LAWYERS KILLING CASE ADJOURNED TILL OCT 1: Anti-Terrorism Court Judge Imtiaz Ahmad on Tuesday adjourned the hearing of famous Daska lawyers killing case till Oct 1.
The court adjourned the hearing as counsel of accused Shahzad Warraich was not present. The court ordered the police to produce one more witness during the next hearing.
-
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest -
Hilary Duff Finally Addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic Mom Group' Essay -
Ryan Coogler Explains Why His Latest Project 'Sinners' Is So Close To His Heart -
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Longtime Friend Shares True Feelings Of Royal Couple On Andrew Arrest -
Who Is Punch? Here’s Everything To Know About The Viral Sensation Winning Over Internet -
Andrew's 'mental Health' Concerns Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media