LHC CJ to take up plea against ex-CS’s transfer
LAHORE : Chief Justice of the Lahore High Court Justice Muhammad Qasim Khan will take up today (Monday) a petition challenging transfer of former chief secretary Azam Suleman Khan.
LHC Registrar's office has already put objection to the petition, saying the petitioner was not an aggrieved person and has no locus standi to file instant petition. It said transfer and posting is the policy matter of the government and court can't interfere into it.
The CJ will hear the petition as objection case. Advocate Humayun Faiz Rasool, the petitioner, stated in petition that transfer of chief secretary was unlawful and uncalled for during the crisis of coronavirus pandemic. He said the country was witnessing deadliest pandemic of the history but the federal government in connivance with the Punjab government was only concerned with political postings and transfers. He submitted that the province had lost precious lives to the pandemic during the last few weeks but the government had not learnt any lesson from the history and appeared to have more interest in political point-scoring than fighting the disease seriously. He argued the manner in which Mr Khan had been removed was not only inappropriate but also unlawful in view of the constitutional provisions, statutes and procedure laid down by the Supreme Court.
The lawyer explained that after 18th Amendment, the federal government cannot take decisions without any consultation of the province concerned. In this case, he claimed the federal government had not consulted the provincial government making the transfer of the chief secretary an illegal act.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest