Adviser says no plan to impose curfew in Peshawar
PESHAWAR: Adviser to Chief Minister on Information and Public Relations Ajmal Wazir has stated rejected the rumours about the imposition of curfew in the provincial capital.
He said the armed forces were assisting the provincial government in Ehsas Emergency Programme besides other tasks, adding that quarantine centres in district Khyber were also set up in coordination with the armed forces.
He, however, made it clear that there was no chance of imposing curfew in Peshawar, said the adviser at a press briefing on Friday, according to an official handout.
The adviser said the total number of Covid-19 patients in the province was 1541 but some 455 people, including 41 [on Thursday] had recovered from the disease, adding a total of 85 persons had lost lives in KP.
Ajmal Wazir said a total of 5300 members of the Tableeghi Jamaat were present in the province with over 70 per cent belonging to KP and some 30 per cent from outside, adding 310 out of 30 per cent were foreigners and were being taken care at different areas in the province.
The adviser said the testing capacity had been increased which began from 20 tests but will soon reach 2000 per day. He said that currently 90 per cent tests were being carried out at the government health facilities where the rest were being done at the private sector health facilities.
The adviser said the provincial government has disbursed Rs13billion among 1.1million people adding apart from Rs13billion, the KP government also plans to disburse Rs6000 among the deserving K-P residents.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest