English football season declared over
LONDON: The English non-league football season is over after clubs voted in favour of ending the campaign on Wednesday.
No decision has yet been made on whether the league tables in the National League, National League North and National League South will be upheld as they stand or the competition declared null and void.
Leagues from the seventh-tier down were brought to an end and all results expunged last month.“The options concerning the sporting outcomes of the 2019/20 season remain under careful and timely consideration, and further updates will be given in due course,” the National League said in a statement.
The top four divisions of the English game are still planning on trying to finish the season when it is safe for football to return.However, there is growing sentiment among League One and Two clubs that playing the campaign out behind closed doors could just burn what little money they have left.
“At a time when the entire country is wrestling with the devastating impact of Covid-19, the cancellation of the remaining normal season matches brings a degree of certainty to our Clubs coping with the business implications of the virus,” said National League Chief Executive Officer, Michael Tattersall.
UEFA insisted on Tuesday that their “strong recommendation” is still for top division leagues and cup competitions to be completed. However, the Dutch FA has announced it intends to end the Eredivisie season after a government ban on large gatherings was extended until September.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest