109 test positive for Coronavirus in Mardan
MARDAN: The number of corona positive cases reached 109 in the district while the tests reports of 430 people came back negative, sources said.
The sources added that 755 tests were conducted in the district so far while the reports of 216 suspected patients were still awaited. A total of 255 suspected coronavirus patients were discharged from different quarantine centres while 28 people were at quarantine centres.
Around 118 suspected patients were discharged from different isolation centres in the district while 30 patients are at isolation centres. A total of 18,267 people were screened in different parts of the district so far. Meanwhile, the Abdul Wali Khan University is facing financial crisis and it has no money to pay salaries to its employees, a varsity official said on the condition of anonymity. The official added the students are not paying the fees due to the corona virus epidemic. Sources added that the colleges affiliated with the university had also stopped new admissions. Meanwhilem, two more coronavirus cases have been reported in Mohmand tribal district, increasing the total number of victims to three so far.
District Health Officer Dr Muhammad Hayat Khan Afridi said that the two patients were shifted to an isolation ward at Ghallanai. Haji Shashi Gul of Khwaja Was area died at the Lady Reading Hospital in Peshawar the other day and the fresh cases are the deceased’s wife and a son. The authorities have locked down the house and surroundings of the affected family. In Swat, a man infected with Coronavirus died at the Saidu Sharif Hospital on Friday, senior official said.
Speaking to reporters, Deputy Commissioner Saqib Raza Aslam said that a resident of Khwazakhela, Abdul Waseh, was admitted to the Saidu Sharif Hospital after he was tested positive for Corona. He said that his treatment was continuing in the Isolation Ward but he breathed his last early in the morning. His body was shifted to his native village where he was laid to rest as per the government policy. The DC said that the death toll from the Corona victims reached in Swat district has risen to six.
-
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis