SHC suspends directives to schools for 20pc fee concession
The Sindh High Court on Thursday suspended the directives issued by the directorate of private institutions of the provincial education department to private educational institutions with regard to a mandatory concession of 20 per cent in tuition fees of April and May in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
The interim order came on a petition of TYMS education and other private education institutions, which assailed the directives issued by the director general of the directorate of inspection/registration of private institutions of the Sindh school education and literacy department telling the private schools and educational institutions to given a 20 per cent mandatory concession in the tuition fees for April and May 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the lockdown in the province.
The petitioner’s counsel, Arshad Tayebaly and Omer Memon, submitted that the respondent had no authority to issue such impugned directions as it was not mentioned by the respondent as to whether the decision was taken by the competent authority or the provincial cabinet.
They argued that the impugned directions were issued without hearing any private institutions and against the principle of natural justice. They said the private institutions had been compelled to reduce the tuition fees for April and May 2020 by 20 per cent and refund the outstanding amounts which they had already received from the parents, but on other hand they had been directed to pay full salaries to the teaching and non-teaching staff of the institutions for these months.
They said that the decision was unlawful and liable to be struck down. A division bench headed by Justice Nadeem Akhtar, after the preliminary hearing of the petition, issued notices to the advocate general and the directorate of private schools education for April 22, and in the meantime suspended the impugned directives for a concession of 20 per cent in the tuition fees.
-
Eric Dane's Girlfriend Janell Shirtcliff Pays Him Emotional Tribute After ALS Death -
King Charles Faces ‘stuff Of The Nightmares’ Over Jarring Issue -
Sarah Ferguson Has ‘no Remorse’ Over Jeffrey Epstein Friendship -
A$AP Rocky Throws Rihanna Surprise Birthday Dinner On Turning 38 -
Andrew Jokes In Hold As BAFTA Welcomes Prince William -
Sam Levinson Donates $27K To Eric Dane Family Fund After Actor’s Death -
Savannah Guthrie Mother Case: Police Block Activist Mom Group Efforts To Search For Missing Nancy Over Permission Row -
Dove Cameron Calls '56 Days' Casting 'Hollywood Fever Dream' -
Prince William, Kate Middleton ‘carrying Weight’ Of Reputation In Epstein Scandal -
Timothée Chalamet Compares 'Dune: Part Three' With Iconic Films 'Interstellar', 'The Dark Knight' & 'Apocalypse Now' -
Little Mix Star Leigh-Anne Pinnock Talks About Protecting Her Children From Social Media -
Ghislaine Maxwell Is ‘fall Guy’ For Jeffrey Epstein, Claims Brother -
Timothee Chalamet Rejects Fame Linked To Kardashian Reality TV World While Dating Kylie Jenner -
Sarah Chalke Recalls Backlash To 'Roseanne' Casting -
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75