COVID-19 claims another life in Rawalpindi
Rawalpindi: The coronavirus illness, COVID-19 has claimed another life here in the district in last 24 hours taking total number of deaths so far caused by the illness to six excluding death of a confirmed patient at Military Hospital in town.
‘The News’ has learnt that the patient died of the illness late Monday night was a female who was a resident of main city area in Rawal Town. Meanwhile, in last 24 hours, as many as 13 more patients have been tested positive for COVID-19 in the district taking total number of confirmed patients so far reported from the district to 141.
However, it is worth mentioning here that the district’s dashboard that had been readjusted again and again seems disturbed as it was showing number of confirmed patients admitted to hospitals on Tuesday as 122 making a total of 145 patients from the district so far as 17 have already been discharged after treatment and six have died of COVID-19.
The official figure released by the national Command Centre was showing 131 confirmed patients from Islamabad Capital Territory which means that not a single patient was tested positive from ICT in last 24 hours.
The official data is showing one death from ICT, the death that was reported some nine days back but according to a spokesman at Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, two patients died at isolation ward at the PIMS on Monday of which one male patient aged 72 years was tested positive for COVID-19. The patient was taken to PIMS from Attock, he said.
On Tuesday, the total number of patients confirmed positive from the twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi have crossed the figure of 275 of which only 32 have so far recovered, 17 from Rawalpindi and 15 from ICT.
In last 24 hours, 13 more patients have been tested positive from the district and according to the district’s dashboard, 122 are undergoing treatment at the hospitals, said Executive District Officer (Health) Rawalpindi Dr. Sohail Ahmed Chaudhary while talking to ‘The News’ on Tuesday.
With another death from town, the number of deaths so far due to coronavirus illness got to six while of 31 persons belonging to ‘Tableeghi Jamaat’ who have been under quarantine at Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi, four have been tested positive, he said.
He added that the health department has sent samples of six more persons from ‘Tableeghi Jamaat’ for repeat test while another seven families have been put under quarantine at their homes.
-
Huge Donations Made On Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Matty Healy Sets Summer Wedding Date Close To Ex Taylor Swift's Nuptials -
Jennifer Lawrence On Her Complicated Relationship With Fame While Battling Rejection: 'Annoying' -
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony