India busy in Kashmir abuses as world battles virus: Qureshi
ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has said as the world is busy battling the coronavirus, India is committing injustices in occupied Kashmir after Indian troops’ firing across the Line of Control (LoC) left six Pakistani civilians — among them two teenage girls — seriously injured.
“India is targeting the civilian populations on this side of the LoC,” Qureshi told reporters on Saturday following a meeting at the Foreign Office. “India wants to turn occupied Kashmir into a minority state and has been consistently targeting civilians on the Pakistani side of the border,” he added, according to Geo News.
Qureshi also lamented India’s negative attitude to a proposed Saarc conference on the coronavirus. “India is bent on persecuting minorities despite challenges like the coronavirus to the economy,” he said.
He was reacting to Indian ceasefire violations which took place in a span of 24 hours. In a series of tweets, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Director General Maj-Gen Babar Iftikhar said Indian Army troops in their continued ceasefire violations along the LoC “have deliberately targeted the civilian population in Nikial sector and seriously injured two people including an eighteen year old girl”.
He added: “Indian Army resorted to unprovoked fire in Nikial sector deliberately targeting civilian population. CFVs being responded befittingly by Pak army troops.”
He went on to mention that in the last 24 hours around six citizens were injured and evacuated to nearby health facilities for necessary medical care. In an earlier tweet, the DG ISPR said Indian Army troops’ unprovoked ceasefire violations with artillery and heavy mortars took place in the Sharda, Dhudnial and Shahkot sectors along the LoC.
“Due to Indian Army’s indiscriminate fire of heavy weapons at Bessan Wali and Chhari villages, four innocent civilians including a 15 year old girl sustained serious injuries,” he said.
“Pakistan Army troops responded effectively with matching calibre and targeted those Indian Army posts which initiated fire,” Maj-Gen Iftikhar added.
In 2020, the Indian army committed 708 ceasefire violations so far, in which two citizens embraced martyrdom while 42 sustained injuries.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years