150 test negative to leave for homes from DI Khan quarantine centres: officials
DERA ISMAIL KHAN: As many as 150 people, most of them from Kuram district having returned from Iran, have been allowed to leave the quarantine centers for their homes as their swab tests proved negative for Covid-19, said Deputy Commissioner Muhammad Umair on Friday.
All those people quarantined at Darazinda and Mufti Mehmood Memorial Teaching Hospitals would be allowed to go home now. The deputy commissioner told reporters that the lab, especially established for the purpose to solve the screening and measurement procedure on standard quality, had started functioning at Mufti Mehmood Teaching Hospital.
He said that earlier the swab specimens of suspected patients had to be sent to KMU, Peshawar lab, which would cause delay in diagnosing the matter. The official said the newly-established lab was capable of measuring and screening 100 swab specimens (cases) on Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test method within 24 hours, which is said to be an unprecedented success achieved by local Healthcare staff.
The DC said that National Institute of Health, Islamabad had already certified the lab, besides necessary approval and permission granted by the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Health Department to conduct tests. Referring to untiring and sincere efforts of the medical staff on the frontline against coronavirus, Umair said the government was aware of the needs and problems of healthcare staff. The laboratory staff and other officials had been equipped with N-95 masks and other protective gear against the virus infection, he said. The deputy commissioner urged residents of the district and other adjoining areas to stay in their homes for safety of their own selves and their surroundings.
The DC also warned profiteers of stern action if they failed to mend their ways. He said that the availability of all commodities had been ensured at all the utility stores on subsidised rates.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest