1,253 pilgrims quarantined in Multan likely to return home today
MULTAN: All the 1,253 pilgrims being quarantined at a quarantine centre set up at Industrial Estate Labour Complex are likely to be departed to their homes from today. Their departure arrangements were reviewed at a meeting held at the quarantine centre under the chairmanship of Deputy Commissioner Amir Khattak on Thursday.
The DC said that the tests of each pilgrim were conducted twice and their reports received negative. He said that their tests were conducted third time and the reports were expected to be received today. If all the reports received negative, then all the pilgrims would be allowed to go to their homes, he added.
The DC said that buses had been arranged for the pilgrims. The data of all the pilgrims had been shared with their respective deputy commissioners in their home districts, he added.
Waste Management Company MD Nasir Shehzad Dogar and Health CEO Dr Munawar Abbas briefed on the steps being adopted to see off the quarantined people amicably.
Meanwhile, only one suspect of corona had been reported in the Nishtar Hospital isolation centre in the last five days, said hospital Assistant Medical Superintendent Dr Irfan.
He said that the suspect belonged to Multan and he was admitted to the hospital isolation centre on Thursday. Earlier, another suspect was reported on March 28, however, his reports received negative and he was discharged from the hospital.
Meanwhile, the Multan Highways Patrolling Police have contributed Rs 888,300 to the corona relief fund. In a statement issued here on Thursday, Patrolling Police Regional SP Zubaida Perveen said that all the patrolling police personnel in Multan region, consisting of Multan, Sahiwal, Khanewal, Vehari, Lodhran and Pakpattan, had contributed from their salaries in the corona relief fund.
The patrolling police personnel were making all efforts to protect the lives of the people in the present ordeal, she added.
PMA PROTEST: The Pakistan Medical Association has protested against the unavailability of corona kits for doctors at the basic health units and tehsil headquarters hospitals.
Talking to journalists after paying solidarity visits to Jalalpur and Shujabad on Thursday, PMA president Prof Dr Masoodur Rauf Haraj said that the doctors were serving at the THQ hospitals without protective kits.
He said that Shujabad and Jalalpur THQ hospitals were facing acute shortage of health personnel and corona protective kits. He demanded recruitment of doctors and provision of corona protective kits to the doctors.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years