Doctor steps down from role with England football team
LONDON: Rob Chakraverty has stepped down from his role as doctor to the England men’s football team.
Chakraverty’s exit comes just weeks after he faced allegations relating to his previous post as UK Athletics’ chief medical officer. He was reportedly involved in a controversial procedure on British four-time Olympic gold medallist Mo Farah.
Farah was given an infusion of the legal supplement L-Carnitine before the 2014 London Marathon, but Chakraverty was said to have failed to record the levels. Last month, a BBC Panorama programme about Farah’s former coach Alberto Salazar said Chakraverty had expressed reservations about possible “side effects” from the infusion, but went ahead anyway.
“The FA can confirm Dr Rob Chakraverty is to stand down from his role with the England senior men’s team,” a Football Association spokesperson said on Friday. “We would like to offer our sincere thanks to Rob, not just for his part in the team’s progress since 2016 but also in sharing his expertise across the wider medical department. We wish him every success for the future.
“A decision regarding his replacement will be made ahead of the next England camp, whenever scheduled.” Chakraverty was criticised in a parliamentary hearing by then UK Athletics chairman Ed Warner for “inexcusable” conduct over his failure to record the L-Carnitine injections given to Farah.
There are no suggestions of any wrongdoing during his four years at the FA. Chakraverty said it had been a privilege to work in the role, a period that included England’s run to the World Cup semi-finals in Russia. “The team and players have been wonderful to work with and the memories of what we achieved together at the World Cup two years ago will stay with me forever,” he said.
-
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final