Belgian football on hold until May 1
By AFP
March 20, 2020
BRUSSELS: Belgian football was put on hold Thursday until May 1 to combat the spread of the coronavirus, the national association said.
“In the meantime our crisis team will be looking at different scenarios concerning finalising competitions,” the association said in a statement. As a result the Belgian Cup final between Club Brugge and Antwerp scheduled for March 22 has been postponed.The end of season title play-offs to determine who wins the championship have yet to start and the association will have to decide whether they can go ahead.So far Belgium has 1,795 COVID-19 infections, and 21 deaths.
-
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony -
King Charles In Hot Water After Andrew Arrest: ‘Step Down!’ -
Space-based Solar Power Could Push The World Beyond Net Zero: Here’s How -
Kate Walsh Remembers Her 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane Following His Death At 53 -
AI Ad Wars Begin As Perplexity Snubs ChatGPT Advertising -
Microsoft Copilot Bug Exposes Confidential Emails To AI -
Eric Dane Final Emotional Words Revealed After Tragic Death -
Prince William 'furious' Regarding His Own Future After Andrew Arrest -
Charli XCX Reveals ‘confusing’ Toll ‘Brat’ Popularity Took On Her -
Android Phones At Risk: PromptSpy Malware Exploits AI -
Barry Manilow Gives Insight Into 'very Depressing' Doctor Visit As He Postpones 2026 Arena Tour Due To Cancer -
Margot Robbie Opens Up About Imposter Syndrome ‘crisis’ -
'Desperate' Sarah Ferguson Won't Go Down Without A Fight