‘25 unapproved housing schemes sealed in Faisalabad’
FAISALABAD: As many as 25 unapproved housing schemes have been sealed during the last two months here.
It was said by Faisalabad Development Authority Director General Sohail Khawaja while giving briefing to the parliamentarians during a meeting here on Monday. Special Assistant to CM Malik Umar Farooq, members of provincial assembly, Adil Pervez Gujjar, Latif Nazar, Shakil Shahid, Mian Khayal, Mian Waris Aziz and others were also present in the meeting. The FDA DG said that sale and purchase of plots in these housing schemes had also been banned.
He informed the meeting that 34 FIRs had also been got registered against the developers involved in illegal practice of town planning while 12 challans were also made against the defaulters besides issuing the 182 notices to the developers violating the building laws.
He said that the utility departments had also been moved letters against the 301 illegal and unapproved housing schemes for not providing utility services, ie, electricity and Sui gas, in the unapproved housing schemes. The DG informed that total recovery of Rs.35.41 million had also been made from the developers of town planning while recovery campaigns had also been accelerated to achieve the targets.
He explained the standards of planning housing schemes and said that preliminary planning permission was prerequisite for establishment of housing schemes having areas of 100 Kanal land or above besides technical approval of layout plan and finally sanctioning of scheme.
The DG said that the proposal had been approved by the governing body of the FDA to start the registration of developers of housing colonies to bring this matter in a organised system for ensuring transparency and regulations. He said that the defaulter developers could be made black listed to stop the illegal practice of housing scheme establishment. The parliamentarians assured their all-out cooperation regarding undiscriminating operation against the unapproved housing schemes.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years