Undue expenses: Govt to recover money from Nawaz, Gilani, Zardari
ISLAMABAD: The federal cabinet Tuesday decided to recover within one month the money spent unduly by former prime ministers Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani and former president Asif Ali Zardari.
Federal Minister for Communications Murad Saeed said this while addressing a joint press conference with Special Assistant to the Prime Minister (SAPM) on Information and Broadcasting Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan after attending the federal cabinet meeting.
Murad said if the three opposition leaders failed to submit the amount, legal action would be taken against them.
He said the previous governments had burdened the country with huge debt, as they plundered the national wealth for their personal gains.
He said a loan of Rs24,000 billion was taken during the tenures of Nawaz Sharif and Asif Ali Zardari. He said national institutions were pledged to take loans.
Murad Saeed said Sharif brothers had established five camp offices apart from CM Office while Asif Ali Zardari had three camp offices.
The family installed barbed wire at a cost of 270 million rupees from national exchequer at their residence. He said 2,753 police personnel were dedicated for the security of Sharif family.
Briefing the media about the federal cabinet proceedings, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister (SAPM) on Information and Broadcasting Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan said Prime Minister Imran Khan had assured that action would be taken against those responsible for the recent flour crisis in the light of recommendations of an investigative report.
Chairing a meeting of federal cabinet here, the prime minister vowed to take every step to provide relief to the people facing the brunt of inflation.
The prime minister directed the Ministry of National Food Security and related organizations to take all possible measures for supply of edibles to people.
The prime minister referred the matter to the Sindh governor and chief minister for selection of a new head of the provincial police. She said the cabinet discussed the issue of appointment of new IG Sindh and it was decided to appoint a person for this top slot with consultation.
The prime minister directed the Sindh Governor Imran Ismail to hold consultations with the chief minister regarding names put forth for the appointment of IG Sindh. Reportedly, members of the federal cabinet belonging to Sindh and ally GDA opposed the idea of changing the IGP in the province as they were of the view that the incumbent inspector general was an honest and dedicated officer who should be allowed to continue to serve the people in Sindh.
Federal Minister for Railways Sheikh Rashid Ahmad, who was grilled by the apex court earlier in the day on account of his performance, informed the prime minister and cabinet colleagues about the court proceedings and reportedly maintained that he was ridiculed in the proceedings and contented that the executive authority could not be challenged.
He was of view that if it was allowed to happen this way, it could later harm the prime minister as well.
The prime minister didn’t agree with the minster and said, “We must satisfy the court and respond to the queries made by it.”
He also referred to the PIA affairs being heard in the judiciary.
Meanwhile, Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan said the cabinet endorsed the decisions of its previous meeting. It approved decision of reduction in urea rates to provide relief to the farmers.
-
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song?