Sheikh Rasheed rules out any threat to PTI govt
NOWSHERA: Ruling out any no-confidence move against the government, Federal Minister for Railways Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad said on Wednesday that there was no threat to the government of Prime Minister Imran Khan.
He clarified that though the Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) had quit the ministry, it was still part of the coalition. He was talking to reporters at the Pakistan Locomotive Factory in Risalpur after a ceremony held to inaugurate the five locomotives which were repaired.
However, Sheikh Rasheed predicted in his usual style that politics could experience some ups and downs in February or March, but the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) would continue to rule under Prime Minister Imran Khan.
He added Imran Khan had admitted that the demands of the MQM-P were genuine so there was no issue in addressing their grievances. Turning to his ministry, he added that steps were being taken to increase the revenue of the Pakistan Railways. He said that the number of the passengers traveling on the trains had registered a sharp increase in the last 15 months. Sheikh Rasheed said that his ministry was working hard to provide more and more facilities to the passengers and to serve them diligently. He said that it was his desire to make the Pakistan Railways a profit-making entity.
The Pakistan Locomotive Factory Risalpur would manufacture 180 more coaches, he said, adding, about 69 engines had been out of order for the last 20 years, but no steps were taken in the past to repair the faulty locomotives. The minister said that the Karachi-Peshawar railway track (ML-1 project) would be completed. He added that after the completion of the project, the Karachi-Peshawar journey would take just eight hours.
-
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song?