Five-year-old girl rescued from debris of collapsed building in Sukkur
SUKKUR: A five-year-old girl was successfully rescued alive from the rubble of a three-storeyed collapsed building in Sukkur, while the death toll reached up to seven on Friday.
Reports said a five-year- old girl Navida was rescued alive after 21 hours from the debris besides four bodies were also recovered. Three of them were identified as Shaheen, w/o Arsalan, Khalid Mahmood, and Murtaza Mughal. Muhammad Ali Mughal, a family member of the victims, said as many as 27 members were living in the three flats. He said he and four other family members were out of the house when the building collapsed.
Mughal said four people were still missing in the rubble, adding that owing to the difficulties in rescue operation, the advance search and rescue team of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) came from Karachi to join the rescue teams of Pakistan Army, Rangers and Edhi and other civilian authorities.
Reports said heavy machinery were used for removing debris and rescuing the entrapped victims, while sniffer dogs were also being used to speed up the rescue operation. On the directions of Chief Minister Sindh, Syed Murad Ali Shah, MPA Syed Farrukh Shah along with district administration and PDMA officials visited the collapsed building.
Farrukh Shah expressed satisfaction over the rescue operation and said the Sindh government had provided all the modern machineries and equipments. The Sindh MPA said an emergency had been declared at the Civil Hospital Sukkur, where the injured were being treated at government expense, and if needed, would be shifted to Karachi or other hospitals for further treatment.
Earlier, the deputy director PDMA, Mohammad Juman Thebo, said a five-year old girl was rescued from the rubble who miraculously survived after 21 hours. The deputy commissioner, Sukkur, said notices were circulated to the owners of 71 buildings that were declared dilapidated and were asked for evacuation.
-
Huge Donations Made On Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Matty Healy Sets Summer Wedding Date Close To Ex Taylor Swift's Nuptials -
Jennifer Lawrence On Her Complicated Relationship With Fame While Battling Rejection: 'Annoying' -
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony