MULTAN City News
Rangers’ help sought for crackdown on power thieves, defaulters in south PunjabMepco officials say politicians also involved in power theftFrom Our CorrespondentMULTAN: The Ministry of Water and Power has decided seeking Rangers help for recovery of arrears from chronic defaulters and launching a crackdown on power thieves, the Mepco officials
By our correspondents
August 28, 2015
Rangers’ help sought for crackdown on power thieves, defaulters in south Punjab
Mepco officials say politicians also involved in power theft
From Our Correspondent
MULTAN: The Ministry of Water and Power has decided seeking Rangers help for recovery of arrears from chronic defaulters and launching a crackdown on power thieves, the Mepco officials said.
They said that the ministry had directed the power distribution companies to prepare lists of the defaulters for launching a crackdown on them. The Mepco sources said that the Ministry of Water and Power had written a letter to the Interior Ministry and sought the help of Rangers. The Interior Ministry had responded positively and showed willingness to provide the services of Rangers, they added. They said that a ruthless operation against influential power thieves would be launched in south Punjab. They said that the Mepco had started preparing a list of defaulters in south Punjab and majority of them belonged to Dera Ghazi Khan division and Provincially Administrated Tribal Areas (PATA). The Mepco sources said that a number of consumers, including politicians, had been found stealing electricity. They said that the Mepco had finalised all the arrangements for launching the crackdown. The Mepco officials had also sought lists from the field officials at the circle and subdivision levels. They said that the defaulters would be arrested on the spot on refusal to clear the arrears during the operation. They said that the operation would be jointly conducted by Rangers, police and Mepco teams. When contacted, Multan Electric Power Company Director Commercial Malik Imtiaz refused to give any information in this regard. He said: “I do not know the actual amount of default in south Punjab and disconnected his telephone.”
Mepco officials say politicians also involved in power theft
From Our Correspondent
MULTAN: The Ministry of Water and Power has decided seeking Rangers help for recovery of arrears from chronic defaulters and launching a crackdown on power thieves, the Mepco officials said.
They said that the ministry had directed the power distribution companies to prepare lists of the defaulters for launching a crackdown on them. The Mepco sources said that the Ministry of Water and Power had written a letter to the Interior Ministry and sought the help of Rangers. The Interior Ministry had responded positively and showed willingness to provide the services of Rangers, they added. They said that a ruthless operation against influential power thieves would be launched in south Punjab. They said that the Mepco had started preparing a list of defaulters in south Punjab and majority of them belonged to Dera Ghazi Khan division and Provincially Administrated Tribal Areas (PATA). The Mepco sources said that a number of consumers, including politicians, had been found stealing electricity. They said that the Mepco had finalised all the arrangements for launching the crackdown. The Mepco officials had also sought lists from the field officials at the circle and subdivision levels. They said that the defaulters would be arrested on the spot on refusal to clear the arrears during the operation. They said that the operation would be jointly conducted by Rangers, police and Mepco teams. When contacted, Multan Electric Power Company Director Commercial Malik Imtiaz refused to give any information in this regard. He said: “I do not know the actual amount of default in south Punjab and disconnected his telephone.”
-
Huge Donations Made On Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Matty Healy Sets Summer Wedding Date Close To Ex Taylor Swift's Nuptials -
Jennifer Lawrence On Her Complicated Relationship With Fame While Battling Rejection: 'Annoying' -
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony