ANF says it has no video evidence against Rana Sanaullah
On July 4, 2019, Sheharyar Afridi in his media talk had claimed that narcotics agents had been working on leads link to Rana Sanaullah Khan following an arrest in Faisalabad.
ISLAMABAD: The Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) said it has no video evidence against the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Rana Sanaullah in a drug case.
"There is no such video (in RSK case) and ANF is not claiming for any such video -- as per law, 265 (C) CRPC, all evidences and challan copies (have) already (been) given to defence counsel. They are just delaying and have submitted a fresh application asking for the video of the incident which was quoted in the press conference by (the) minister MNC (Sheharyar Afridi) whereas it was clarified in the same conference that there is no such video and ANF is not claiming for any such video. It was clarified by DG ANF in the same press conference," the ANF said in its official stance shared with this correspondent on Tuesday.
On July 4, 2019, Sheharyar Afridi in his media talk had claimed that narcotics agents had been working on leads link to Rana Sanaullah Khan following an arrest in Faisalabad. "For approximately three weeks, Rana Sanaullah’s car and movements were monitored at every level -- everything, A to Z, will be presented in court," Afridi said.
The ANF further stated that defence counsel for Rana Sanaullah was just trying to avoid the facts. "ANF is going for bail cancellation in Supreme Court. (On) 4th January hearing in trial court, ANF will press vehemently (before) the trial court for framing of charge so that prosecution can submit its evidence -- will request the honourable court to conduct the trial speedily as it's already delayed.
On 4th January 2020, ANF will press the trial court to frame the charge as accused counsels are avoiding charge framing. In result prosecution is not allowed to produce her evidence against accused -- moreover as soon as trial will start, this application will be rejected on ANF prosecutor argument that we have nothing to do with the video," explained the ANF statement shared with The News.
The ANF official statement also revealed that "the prosecutors had also argued the bail petition on grounds that the case is fact based that drugs have been recovered from physical possession of the accused. No previous precedence exists on bail granted to an accused on possession of this huge quantity of drugs.
The bail application should have seen whether bail on physical possession/recovery is applicable or not. As regards to the difference of timings from Toll Plaza to Thokar, prosecutors argued that this does not confirm whether both cameras were synchronised and needs deliberation during trial. More so, these timings further confirm that incident timings as mentioned in FIR are correct and not manipulative. So far trial not yet started and the witnesses along with evidence will be produced in trial court. Charge is not framed yet and LHC has accepted the bail petition which is highly objectionable and unprecedented against the law."
-
Victoria Beckham Hints At New Family Chapter With Son Cruz Amid Ongoing Brooklyn Feud -
Palace Stands Behind Princess Anne After Her Major Decision Regarding Eugenie, Beatrice -
Knicks Mount Historic 22 Points Comeback To Surprise Cavs Overtime -
Prince Harry Starts ‘pushing Hard’ At King Charles For THIS Thing To ‘finally Heal’ Archie, Lilibet -
TJ Holmes Drops Marriage Plans With Amy Robach 3 Years After Romance Scandal -
AI Layoffs Are ‘dumb’, Says Google DeepMind Chief Demis Hassabis -
Kim Kardashian Reveals Extreme Measures To Maintain Health: ‘I Have Pill Fatigue’ -
Scientists Hatch Live Chickens From 3D-printed Eggshells: Could Artificial Wombs Be Next? -
'The Boys' Ending: 'Gen V Was Useless In Finale' -
Meghan Markle Breaks Silence After Backlash Over Selfie With Wille Rydman -
Prince William, Prince Harry Force King Charles Into An ‘obsession’ -
King Charles, Prince William ‘completely Worn Down’: ‘They Just Want Stability And Calm’ -
'The Boys' Finale: Social Media Reactions Are In -
China Confirms Order For 200 Boeing Jets Following Trump-Xi Summit -
Megyn Kelly Criticizes Meghan Markle's Geneva Speech: 'No One Is Listening To Her' -
Could AI Create $500 Trillion Global Economy? Elon Musk, Jensen Huang Think So