BAHAWALPUR City News
PPP accuses govt of pre-LG polls riggingFrom Our CorrespondentBAHAWALPUR: Former Punjab Governor and PPP South Punjab President Makhdoom Syed Ahmad Mehmood has said that the government has started pre-poll rigging by allocating funds to its legislators for the first phase of the Local Government polls.Talking to journalists here on Tuesday,
By our correspondents
August 26, 2015
PPP accuses govt of pre-LG polls rigging
From Our Correspondent
BAHAWALPUR: Former Punjab Governor and PPP South Punjab President Makhdoom Syed Ahmad Mehmood has said that the government has started pre-poll rigging by allocating funds to its legislators for the first phase of the Local Government polls.
Talking to journalists here on Tuesday, Makhdoom Ahmad Mehmood asked the government to conduct free and fair elections as they were imperative keeping in view the current scenario of the country. He claimed that the PPP was the country’s main and largest party, which had sacrificed a lot for democracy. He said that the PPP did not support Nawaz Sharif nor opposed Imran Khan but supported democracy otherwise Imran Khan’s sit-in could be successful to oust the Nawaz government. He said that democracy was still functioning in the country due to the PPP sacrifices and hoped that the PPP would be successful in the upcoming LG elections. The PPP leader said that implementation on the NAP was vital to maintain peace in the country. Makhdoom Ahmad Mehmood said that in a today’s meeting of the PPP leaders of four districts, Bahawalpur, Bahawalnagar, Lodhran and Vehari, local bodies parliamentary boards had been formed under the leadership of respective district presidents of the party and these boards would finalise the party candidates for the LG polls. He revealed that he met PML-Q MNA Tariq Bashir Cheema and soon he would meet with Nawab of Bahawalpur to get cooperation in the upcoming LG elections. PPP South Punjab general secretary Shaukat Mehmood Basra, PPP South Punjab information secretary Khawaja Rizwan Alam and district information secretary Muhammad Saleem Bhatti were also present.
Poor hygiene
1,340 raids made on eateries in two months
Reporters boycott Lalika press conference
From Our Correspondent
BAHAWALPUR: Some 1,340 raids were made on eateries on the charges of adulteration and poor hygienic conditions during the last two months in Bahawalpur division.
Some 168 sale points, including 38 big eateries, bakers and hotels, were also sealed.
Parliamentary Secretary for Communication Alam Dad Lalika Tuesday stated this while chairing a meeting of the Bahawalpur division task force on Punjab Food Authority against adulteration in the Commissioner office committee room.
The meeting was told that so far Rs 700,000 fine has been collected and 24 people were booked.
The meeting was attended by Commissioner Bahawalpur division Saqib Zafar, three DCOs, regional police officer Ehsan Sadiq, member divisional task force PML-N MPA Kazim Ali Pirzada and many others.
The meeting also deliberated a plan against adulterers.
Meanwhile, reporters boycotted the press conference of Lalika.
As Lalika arrived a half an hour late and instead of addressing the press conference he started divisional task force meeting, over this reporters left the venue.
PFUJ vice president Muhammad Ameen Abbasi condemned the behavior of Lalika and urged officials concerned to take note of it.
From Our Correspondent
BAHAWALPUR: Former Punjab Governor and PPP South Punjab President Makhdoom Syed Ahmad Mehmood has said that the government has started pre-poll rigging by allocating funds to its legislators for the first phase of the Local Government polls.
Talking to journalists here on Tuesday, Makhdoom Ahmad Mehmood asked the government to conduct free and fair elections as they were imperative keeping in view the current scenario of the country. He claimed that the PPP was the country’s main and largest party, which had sacrificed a lot for democracy. He said that the PPP did not support Nawaz Sharif nor opposed Imran Khan but supported democracy otherwise Imran Khan’s sit-in could be successful to oust the Nawaz government. He said that democracy was still functioning in the country due to the PPP sacrifices and hoped that the PPP would be successful in the upcoming LG elections. The PPP leader said that implementation on the NAP was vital to maintain peace in the country. Makhdoom Ahmad Mehmood said that in a today’s meeting of the PPP leaders of four districts, Bahawalpur, Bahawalnagar, Lodhran and Vehari, local bodies parliamentary boards had been formed under the leadership of respective district presidents of the party and these boards would finalise the party candidates for the LG polls. He revealed that he met PML-Q MNA Tariq Bashir Cheema and soon he would meet with Nawab of Bahawalpur to get cooperation in the upcoming LG elections. PPP South Punjab general secretary Shaukat Mehmood Basra, PPP South Punjab information secretary Khawaja Rizwan Alam and district information secretary Muhammad Saleem Bhatti were also present.
Poor hygiene
1,340 raids made on eateries in two months
Reporters boycott Lalika press conference
From Our Correspondent
BAHAWALPUR: Some 1,340 raids were made on eateries on the charges of adulteration and poor hygienic conditions during the last two months in Bahawalpur division.
Some 168 sale points, including 38 big eateries, bakers and hotels, were also sealed.
Parliamentary Secretary for Communication Alam Dad Lalika Tuesday stated this while chairing a meeting of the Bahawalpur division task force on Punjab Food Authority against adulteration in the Commissioner office committee room.
The meeting was told that so far Rs 700,000 fine has been collected and 24 people were booked.
The meeting was attended by Commissioner Bahawalpur division Saqib Zafar, three DCOs, regional police officer Ehsan Sadiq, member divisional task force PML-N MPA Kazim Ali Pirzada and many others.
The meeting also deliberated a plan against adulterers.
Meanwhile, reporters boycotted the press conference of Lalika.
As Lalika arrived a half an hour late and instead of addressing the press conference he started divisional task force meeting, over this reporters left the venue.
PFUJ vice president Muhammad Ameen Abbasi condemned the behavior of Lalika and urged officials concerned to take note of it.
-
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest -
Hilary Duff Finally Addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic Mom Group' Essay -
Ryan Coogler Explains Why His Latest Project 'Sinners' Is So Close To His Heart -
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Longtime Friend Shares True Feelings Of Royal Couple On Andrew Arrest -
Who Is Punch? Here’s Everything To Know About The Viral Sensation Winning Over Internet -
Andrew's 'mental Health' Concerns Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media -
Taye Diggs Encourages People For Early Cancer Detection After Losing Both His Parents -
Mia Goth Reacts To Ex-partner Shia LaBeouf's Mardi Gras Arrest -
Andrew's Cash Crisis Exposed Amid '£1m' Legal Bills -
Huge Donations Made On Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Matty Healy Sets Summer Wedding Date Close To Ex Taylor Swift's Nuptials -
Jennifer Lawrence On Her Complicated Relationship With Fame While Battling Rejection: 'Annoying' -
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash