Fake bank accounts case: NAB summons Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on 24th
Bilawal was summoned to record his statement with regard to alleged transfer of over Rs1 billion from the accounts of JV Opel-225.
ISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB), Rawalpindi, has summoned the PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on December 24 in a fake bank accounts scam regarding the Joint Venture Opel-225.
According to NAB sources, Bilawal was summoned being a director of the Zardari Group. Sources said Bilawal was summoned to record his statement with regard to alleged transfer of over Rs1 billion from the accounts of JV Opel-225.
It may be mentioned here that before this, Bilawal was summoned in the Park Lane Ltd case few months back. Senator Mustafa Nawaz Kokhar, spokesman for Bilawal, confirmed that the PPP chairman has received the NAB notice. “The chief justice had already remarked in the open court that Bilawal was innocent in this case and NAB’s act of sending notice is subjective to political harassment,” he said. He said whenever the government comes into crisis, political victimisation of political opponents starts through the NAB. Kokhar asked the NAB to tell that how many notices it had sent to government ministers and ruling party legislators. He also asked from the NAB to tell that why the cases against the cabinet members and ruling party legislators were pending and were not taken up for investigations.
Sherry Rehman said Bilawal made a comment on the case of Pervez Musharraf and in response the NAB has issued summoning notice to him. “Why Imran Khan is hiding behind the NAB notices and not coming out openly,” she questioned.
The PPP Secretary General Nayyer Hussain Bokhari said the NAB has turned into an attached organisation of the PTI. He warned that Imran Khan should get ready to face the music on his turn.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'