KP CM promises coordinated relief work in Chitral
Hails Pak Army’s rescue efforts
By our correspondents
July 22, 2015
NOWSHERA: Chief Minister Pervez Khattak on Tuesday said that the federal and provincial governments would launch coordinated relief work along with the Pakistan Army in Chitral.
Talking to reporters here, he said that he could not visit the flood-affected district due to bad weather. He expressed the hope that he would visit the affected areas along with Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan today.
He thanked Corps Commander Peshawar Lt-Gen Hidayatur Rehman for visiting the affected areas and appreciated the role of army in rescue and relief activities.The chief minister said the corps commander had been informed about the relief programme and rehabilitation of the water schemes in the affected areas.
He acknowledged that the army soldiers supplied food items to the affected areas which was not possible by the civil administration.“The provincial government released an initial amount of Rs140 million for restoring communication system and water supply,” he said, adding that Rs 100 million would be spent on reconstruction of destroyed bridges and roads. He added that remaining amount would be spent on water supply and irrigation scheme.
Pervez Khattak said that 50 trucks loaded with food items left for Chitral on Tuesday, saying that Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) had been directed to provide assistance to every affected person.He said that heads of PDMA, Public Health Engineering and Irrigation departments had reached Chitral to oversee the relief and assistance activities in the affected areas.
Talking to reporters here, he said that he could not visit the flood-affected district due to bad weather. He expressed the hope that he would visit the affected areas along with Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan today.
He thanked Corps Commander Peshawar Lt-Gen Hidayatur Rehman for visiting the affected areas and appreciated the role of army in rescue and relief activities.The chief minister said the corps commander had been informed about the relief programme and rehabilitation of the water schemes in the affected areas.
He acknowledged that the army soldiers supplied food items to the affected areas which was not possible by the civil administration.“The provincial government released an initial amount of Rs140 million for restoring communication system and water supply,” he said, adding that Rs 100 million would be spent on reconstruction of destroyed bridges and roads. He added that remaining amount would be spent on water supply and irrigation scheme.
Pervez Khattak said that 50 trucks loaded with food items left for Chitral on Tuesday, saying that Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) had been directed to provide assistance to every affected person.He said that heads of PDMA, Public Health Engineering and Irrigation departments had reached Chitral to oversee the relief and assistance activities in the affected areas.
-
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies