Judge cuts Rana Sana’s hearing short after being called back to LHC
By News Desk
LAHORE: A special court judge cut short narcotics case hearing against former Punjab law minister Rana Sanaullah on Wednesday after learning through WhatsApp that his services were repatriated to the Lahore High Court.
Judge Masood Arshad adjourned further hearing of the case and the bail petition filed by Sanaullah until September 7. On July 1, Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) officials arrested Rana Sanaullah from the Islamabad-Lahore motorway near Sukheki, while he was travelling from Faisalabad to Lahore, alleging he was in possession of narcotics.
On Wednesday, Judge Arshad conducted the case proceedings amid elaborate security arrangements during which the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader was produced on the expiry of his judicial remand.
The defence counsel questioned the video submitted by ANF officials regarding the alleged recovery of drugs from Sanaullah and argued all allegations were baseless. He requested the court for grant bail to his client.
However, an ANF prosecutor said he required some time to study the case as it was entrusted to him the night before. At this, the court adjourned the hearing for some time while allowing ANF prosecutor’s request.
After a break of an hour, the judge observed that he could not hear the matter anymore as he had been
repatriated to the Lahore High Court.
“I have received the notification through WhatsApp,” he added.
The judge said that all cases were equal for him. Whether it is case of Rana Sanaullah or others, the court would have decided the matter “on merit”, the judge observed in response to the defence counsel’s comments.
Subsequently, the court adjourned further hearing until September 7 while extending Sanaullah’s judicial remand.
The ANF had already filed interim charge-sheet in the special court for the Control of Narcotic Substances against Rana Sanaullah. In it, the ANF alleged they had recovered heroin and other drugs from Sanaullah’s vehicle.
-
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest -
Hilary Duff Finally Addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic Mom Group' Essay -
Ryan Coogler Explains Why His Latest Project 'Sinners' Is So Close To His Heart -
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Longtime Friend Shares True Feelings Of Royal Couple On Andrew Arrest -
Who Is Punch? Here’s Everything To Know About The Viral Sensation Winning Over Internet -
Andrew's 'mental Health' Concerns Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media