Four killed, 30 hurt in Quetta blast
QUETTA: At least four people were killed and around 30 injured when a blast went off near a police vehicle parked in Bacha Khan Chowk area.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Abdul Razzaq Cheema said the explosion took place close to the police vehicle near the City Police Station. Cheema said the injured included Station House Officer (SHO) Chaudhry Shafaat Ali, who was taken to the City Trauma Centre.
The injured and the dead were shifted to the Civil Hospital. The bodies were identified as Jamaluddin, Sharfuddin, Ali Shah and Ainullah and the injured as Naseebullah, Temoor, Muhammad Sadiq, Muhammad Farid, Abdul Ghaffar, Nasrullah, Ubaidullah, Shehroz Shakeel, Hasnain, Zia-ur-Rehman, Shafatullah, Asia, Mir Muhammad, Abdul Rehman, Abdul
Wahid, Shahid Ahmed, Zia-ur-Rehman, Mir Ahmed, Nukhtaseebullah, Naseebullah, Nadir Ali, Sardar Khan, Muhammad Jabir, Nematullah, Naseebullah, Rehanullah, Nasrullah, Baz Muhammad, Hafeez Muhammadullah, Shahid Hussain, 4-year-old Muhammad and 6-year-old Mazkora.
Medical Superintendent Civil Hospital Dr, Saleem Abro said emergency had been declared at the hospital and all doctors and paramedics called in. He said six of the injured were in critical condition.
Police sources said evidence from the location appeared to show that terrorists had detonated an explosive material planted in a motorcycle close to the police vehicle.
But DIG Cheema said it was premature to say whether the blast was carried out by a suicide bomber or if a planted explosive device was used in the attack. He said the crime scene had been cordoned off and preserved, and that experts would carry out further investigation Wednesday morning.
Prime Minister Imran Khan vehemently condemned the attack and loss of precious lives. He expressed grief over those, who were martyred and sympathised with their grieving families. He directed provision of best possible medical treatment to the injured and prayed for their early recovery.
Governor Balochistan Amanullah Khan Yasinzai, Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan and provincial ministers strongly condemned the blast and expressed their sorrow over the loss of precious lives.
-
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song?