Four killed, 30 hurt in Quetta blast
QUETTA: Four people were killed and around 30 injured when a blast went off near a police vehicle parked in the Bacha Khan Chowk area here on Tuesday. Deputy Inspector General of Police Abdul Razzaq Cheema said the explosion took place close to the police vehicle near the City Police Station.
Cheema said the injured included Station House Officer (SHO) Chaudhry Shafaat Ali, who was taken to the City Trauma Centre. The injured and the dead were shifted to the Civil Hospital. Medical Superintendent Civil Hospital Dr, Saleem Abro said emergency had been declared at the hospital and all doctors and paramedics called in. He said six of the injured were in critical condition. Police sources said evidence from the location appeared to show that terrorists had detonated an explosive material planted in a motorcycle close to the police vehicle.
DIG Cheema said it was premature to say whether the blast was carried out by a suicide bomber or if a planted explosive device was used in the attack. He said the crime scene had been cordoned off and preserved, and that experts would carry out further investigation on Wednesday morning.
The bodies were identified as Jamaluddin, Sharfuddin, Ali Shah and Ainullah and the injured as Naseebullah, Temoor, Muhammad Sadiq, Muhammad Farid, Abdul Ghaffar, Nasrullah, Ubaidullah, Shehroz Shakeel, Hasnain, Zia-ur-Rehman, Shafatullah, Asia, Mir Muhammad, Abdul Rehman, Abdul Wahid, Shahid Ahmed, Zia-ur-Rehman, Mir Ahmed, Nukhtaseebullah, Naseebullah, Nadir Ali, Sardar Khan, Muhammad Jabir, Nematullah, Naseebullah, Rehanullah, Nasrullah, Baz Muhammad, Hafeez Muhammadullah, Shahid Hussain, four-year-old Muhammad and six-year-old Mazkora.
Prime Minister Imran Khan vehemently condemned the attack and loss of precious lives. He expressed grief over those who were martyred and sympathised with their grieving families. He directed best possible medical treatment to the injured and prayed for their early recovery. Governor Balochistan Amanullah Khan Yasinzai, Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan and provincial ministers strongly condemned the blast and expressed sorrow over the loss of precious lives. The chief minister also directed the health department to ensure provision of all healthcare facilities to the injured.
-
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony -
King Charles In Hot Water After Andrew Arrest: ‘Step Down!’ -
Space-based Solar Power Could Push The World Beyond Net Zero: Here’s How -
Kate Walsh Remembers Her 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane Following His Death At 53