Missing person at Swat internment centre, PHC told
PESHAWAR: The focal person for missing persons cases on Thursday informed the Peshawar High Court (PHC) that the security agencies have kept the missing prisoner in the internment centre in Swat and sought time for his production in the court.
Muhammad Kamran, the focal person for missing persons, informed the high court that the missing detainee had been kept in the internment centre in Swat and would soon be produced before the court.
After hearing this, the bench comprising Chief Justice Waqar Ahmad Seth and Justice Abdul Shakoor gave some time to the government and directed to produce the detainee before the court on July 11 next hearing in the case.
During the hearing, Shabir Hussain Gigyani, counsel for the petitioner, submitted that recently the high court disposed the petition filed against detention of the petitioner’s son with the observation that he could file a case in the Bajaur district court after the authorities informed the court that he had been detained on the direction of the law-enforcement agencies and handed over to the district authorities in 2018.
He submitted that the petitioner’s son was first picked up by the law-enforcement agencies on March 1, 2017, and after one and a half years, he was handed over to the district authorities, with recommendations of 10 years conviction to him for his alleged links with militants.
However, he submitted that when the petitioner filed bail petition for release of his detained son in the district court, the Bajaur deputy commissioner submitted reply in which he stated that the agencies had kept the detainee along with others as “Amanat” and now they again took away their “Amanat” from the district authorities.
-
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis