Park Lane case: Asif Zardari remanded to NAB for 13 days
ISLAMABAD: An accountability court has granted the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) a 13-day physical remand of former president and Asif Ali Zardari in the Park Lane reference.
The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) co-chairman, who was already in NAB’s custody in the fake accounts case, had also been detained in the Park Lane property investigation a day earlier.The NAB officials produced him before Accountability Court Judge Arshad Malik and sought 14 days physical remand in the case. However, the judge granted 13 days and ordered NAB to produce him again on July 15.
During the hearing, the judge asked NAB make it clear that “in how many cases Zardari would be arrested” All cases were connected with each other and NAB had been asked earlier to take remand of the accused at once, the judge further said.
The NAB prosecutor Sardar Muzaffar Abbasi told the judge about the progress in the Park Lane investigation and requested there was need of his physical remand to investigate further. NAB prosecutor said the NAB chairman had issued arrest warrants against Zardari in only two cases.
He said that investigation got delayed due to National Assembly session. Zardari’s Counsel Farooq Naek said that if the charges against his client were same in three cases then NAB should have taken his remand at once to complete investigation process.
NAB Investigation Officer Muhammad Ali Abro contended that the ways of crime in three cases were different and they could not be investigated together. Park Lane reference would be filed soon before the court.
Zardari arrived at rostrum and stated he had no objection over his long physical remand. Zardari was accused of purchasing 2,460 kanals of land in Islamabad near Sangjani at a throw away price.It may be mentioned here that former president had already withdrew his pre-arrest bail petitions in three cases pertaining to Park Lane Company, bulletproof cars and Toshakhana.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years