PHC orders FC to reopen route in Peshawar
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Wednesday ordered the Frontier Constabulary (FC) to immediately reopen a route closed by it for the residents.A division bench comprising Justice Qaisar Rashid Khan and Justice Asadullah Khan Chamkani was hearing a contempt of court petition filed against the closure of the route
By our correspondents
June 25, 2015
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Wednesday ordered the Frontier Constabulary (FC) to immediately reopen a route closed by it for the residents.
A division bench comprising Justice Qaisar Rashid Khan and Justice Asadullah Khan Chamkani was hearing a contempt of court petition filed against the closure of the route from Civil Quarters to the FC Chowk by the FC personnel in violation of the court’s order.Justice Qaisar Rashid observed that by closing the roads the security forces added to the woes of the already troubled citizens.
Expressing annoyance over the closure of the route in the provincial capital by the FC, the bench questioned whether civilians would go to their houses in helicopters if the routes are closed.
Lawyer Aamir Sabir, the petitioner, said the closure of this particular route by the FC had badly affected the people of several localities, including Kotla Mohsin Khan, Nauthia Jadeed, Nauthia Qadeem, Landi Arbab, Dheri Baghbanan and Gulgusht Colony. He said it connects different localities, including Civil Quarters and Peshawar Saddar.
The petitioner said the people used the route in large numbers, but the FC installed a gate and closed it for the general public. He noted that the office of the FC Commandant was located nearby. He said the said route had been used mostly by students and government servants.
The petitioner recalled that a bench of the high court had granted interim relief to him on May 30 and directed the reopening of the passage until the final disposal of the petition. He said the authorities had not complied with the order.
Justice Qaisar Rasheed observed it was an injustice that a route used for many decades by the people was closed down abruptly.
The bench directed the FC’s counsel to convey to the high-ups the decision of the high court to reopen the route for the general public.It termed the act of the FC as illegal and unconstitutional as it had placed undue restrictions on the freedom of movement of people.
A division bench comprising Justice Qaisar Rashid Khan and Justice Asadullah Khan Chamkani was hearing a contempt of court petition filed against the closure of the route from Civil Quarters to the FC Chowk by the FC personnel in violation of the court’s order.Justice Qaisar Rashid observed that by closing the roads the security forces added to the woes of the already troubled citizens.
Expressing annoyance over the closure of the route in the provincial capital by the FC, the bench questioned whether civilians would go to their houses in helicopters if the routes are closed.
Lawyer Aamir Sabir, the petitioner, said the closure of this particular route by the FC had badly affected the people of several localities, including Kotla Mohsin Khan, Nauthia Jadeed, Nauthia Qadeem, Landi Arbab, Dheri Baghbanan and Gulgusht Colony. He said it connects different localities, including Civil Quarters and Peshawar Saddar.
The petitioner said the people used the route in large numbers, but the FC installed a gate and closed it for the general public. He noted that the office of the FC Commandant was located nearby. He said the said route had been used mostly by students and government servants.
The petitioner recalled that a bench of the high court had granted interim relief to him on May 30 and directed the reopening of the passage until the final disposal of the petition. He said the authorities had not complied with the order.
Justice Qaisar Rasheed observed it was an injustice that a route used for many decades by the people was closed down abruptly.
The bench directed the FC’s counsel to convey to the high-ups the decision of the high court to reopen the route for the general public.It termed the act of the FC as illegal and unconstitutional as it had placed undue restrictions on the freedom of movement of people.
-
Huge Donations Made On Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Matty Healy Sets Summer Wedding Date Close To Ex Taylor Swift's Nuptials -
Jennifer Lawrence On Her Complicated Relationship With Fame While Battling Rejection: 'Annoying' -
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony