close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
April 25, 2019

Bilour says no progress in Haroon killing case probe

Peshawar

April 25, 2019

PESHAWAR: ANP Senior Vice-President Ghulam Ahmad Bilour on Wednesday said that no progress had been made in the investigation of the attack on his nephew Haroon Bilour and other party workers.

Speaking at the Yadgar-e-Shuhada here, the ANP leader said that Haroon Bilour and 23 other party workers were martyred in the suicide attack at their election rally last year. “Despite the lapse of eight months no progress had been made in the case,” he said, adding that the government was not interested in pursuing investigation. He asked the government to constitute joint investigation team to probe the attack on the ANP rally and inform the nation of the facts. Bilour said suo moto actions had been taken on minor issues but lamented that this major incident that claimed several precious lives had been ignored. He also warned the proponents of the presidential system and said that ANP would demand new social contract if anyone messed with the Constitution.

Topstory minus plus

Opinion minus plus

Newspost minus plus

Editorial minus plus

National minus plus

World minus plus

Sports minus plus

Business minus plus

Karachi minus plus

Lahore minus plus

Islamabad minus plus

Peshawar minus plus