World Soccer Stars matches postponed
KARACHI: As had been expected the World Soccer Stars 2019 was postponed on Tuesday. The organisers said they would announce the new dates after Ramadan. “World Soccer Stars tour has taken a strategic decision based on financial reasons with utmost regret to postpone the World Soccer Stars 2019 Pakistan tour featuring Ricardo Kaka, Luis Figo, Carles Puyol, Nicholas Anelka and International artiste AKON,” the organisers said in a press release on Tuesday.
“The decision to postpone the event has not been taken lightly, given the enthusiasm of the Pakistan football fans when the players visited the country to launch the tour during the first few months of 2019. The excitement of the fans was genuine and was truly heartfelt by the players and has only served to motivate us to conduct the tour later in 2019. The interest shown by brands, the media, the army and national and local government was appreciated,” the release said.
“After a review of the situation we took this overarching strategic decision taking into account several factors, including the change in the local business economy since the tour was announced, the wish of certain key brands to align the tour with their commercial plans, and so we decided to postpone the tour with dates to be announced after Eid-ul-Fitr,” the organisers said.
They added that tickets would be refunded. “For fans who have purchased tickets these will be refunded and you will be notified as a priority customer as soon as we announce the new dates,” they said.
“World Soccer Stars is a tour that remains committed to promoting the development of football in Pakistan, as was shown by the Mall events in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad, and the PSL final appearance. The recent national trials held in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Quetta and Lahore in association with Total Football proved the appetite for such a tour. The regional winners from these trials will take part in the the national finals later in the year, the winners gaining the opportunity to play with the international legends at the World Soccer Stars event,” the organisers said. In the World Soccer Stars, a couple of football matches, carrying global stars, had been planned to be held in Karachi and Lahore on April 27 and April 28, respectively.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years