Three Pak kabaddi players to play in India
KARACHI: Three Pakistani players will be part of the second edition of India’s Pro Kabaddi League which will be held from July 18 to August 23, a top official of Kabaddi Federation of India (KFI) told ‘The News’ from India on Sunday. “Wasim Sajjad already has a two-year contract, while
By Alam Zeb Safi
June 08, 2015
KARACHI: Three Pakistani players will be part of the second edition of India’s Pro Kabaddi League which will be held from July 18 to August 23, a top official of Kabaddi Federation of India (KFI) told ‘The News’ from India on Sunday.
“Wasim Sajjad already has a two-year contract, while Nasir Ali and Tariq Mohammad Dogar are the new inductions,” Devraj Chaturvedi said.
Wasim had been picked by Patna last year and Devraj said he would receive the same amount which he got last year besides an increment.
“Nasir has been hired by Patna for 800,000 Indian rupees, while Tariq has been picked by Bengal for Rs150,000,” said Devraj, who is also the chief executive officer of the International Kabaddi Federation (IKF).
However, Devraj said a couple of Pakistani players who played last year were not given permission by their departments.
It is pertinent to mention here that Wasim Sajjad last year got Rs520,000 for his services for Patna.
Devraj said like in the last year, the event would be held in eight cities.
The opening and closing ceremonies will be held in Mumbai.
Devraj said the budget of the previous edition was around Rs2 billion. This year it would be 12 percent higher, he said.
Devraj revealed that they had to induct 24 foreign players in the league but most of the franchises had already scouted foreign players during last year’s Incheon Asian Games.
“The franchises pay the players and it is their right to pick the top seeds whenever and wherever they want,” the official said.
The PKF had sent them names of five players for auction.
Iran’s Hadi Oshtorak was hired by Telugu Titans for record Rs2.1 million in the auction, which was held a few days ago.
To a query, Devraj said that effort would be made to hold a series between Pakistan and India. “We have promised with the Pakistan Kabaddi Federation (PKF) to hold a series in order to strengthen Pakistan kabaddi. But it is not possible in this financial year,” Devraj said.
He was quick to add that they were also thinking about a triangular series, involving Bangladesh. “Now kabaddi is getting sponsors and we are in a position to make a long-term plan. India, Pakistan and Bangladesh have made great contribution to kabaddi in the region,” Devraj said.
“Wasim Sajjad already has a two-year contract, while Nasir Ali and Tariq Mohammad Dogar are the new inductions,” Devraj Chaturvedi said.
Wasim had been picked by Patna last year and Devraj said he would receive the same amount which he got last year besides an increment.
“Nasir has been hired by Patna for 800,000 Indian rupees, while Tariq has been picked by Bengal for Rs150,000,” said Devraj, who is also the chief executive officer of the International Kabaddi Federation (IKF).
However, Devraj said a couple of Pakistani players who played last year were not given permission by their departments.
It is pertinent to mention here that Wasim Sajjad last year got Rs520,000 for his services for Patna.
Devraj said like in the last year, the event would be held in eight cities.
The opening and closing ceremonies will be held in Mumbai.
Devraj said the budget of the previous edition was around Rs2 billion. This year it would be 12 percent higher, he said.
Devraj revealed that they had to induct 24 foreign players in the league but most of the franchises had already scouted foreign players during last year’s Incheon Asian Games.
“The franchises pay the players and it is their right to pick the top seeds whenever and wherever they want,” the official said.
The PKF had sent them names of five players for auction.
Iran’s Hadi Oshtorak was hired by Telugu Titans for record Rs2.1 million in the auction, which was held a few days ago.
To a query, Devraj said that effort would be made to hold a series between Pakistan and India. “We have promised with the Pakistan Kabaddi Federation (PKF) to hold a series in order to strengthen Pakistan kabaddi. But it is not possible in this financial year,” Devraj said.
He was quick to add that they were also thinking about a triangular series, involving Bangladesh. “Now kabaddi is getting sponsors and we are in a position to make a long-term plan. India, Pakistan and Bangladesh have made great contribution to kabaddi in the region,” Devraj said.
-
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song?