Pindi NAB summons Zardari, Bilawal on 20th
ISLAMABAD/KARACHI: The Combined Investigation Team of the National Accountability Bureau Rawalpindi investigating fake bank accounts scam has summoned Pakistan People’s Party Parliamentarians (PPPP) President Asif Ali Zardari and PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on March 20, sources in the NAB confirmed.
The CIT — headed by DG NAB Irfan Mangi — has prepared questionnaires for Zardari and Bilawal with regard to the fake bank accounts case, Park Lane Estate Company Pvt Ltd and Zardari Group. It will also summon the other accused in fake bank accounts case including Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, Faryal Talpur and others after recording the statements of Zardari and Bilawal Bhutto Zardari.
However, PPP Senator and Bilawal Bhutto’s spokesman Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar said Bilawal Bhutto had not received any NAB notice.
He denied the news circulating on the TV channels claiming that Bilawal had received a NAB notice.
“If we got a notice from the NAB, we will inform the media,” he added.
Meanwhile, reacting to the transfer of NAB cases against Asif Ali Zardari from Karachi to Rawalpindi, PPP Secretary Information Dr. Nafisa Shah said it was continuation of a specific mindset that had always opposed the PPP and its ideology.
“This act is adding fuel to the already burning fire of political revenge,” she commented.
Nafisa said it was baffling how a case belonging to one province was being transferred to another.
“The letter penned by late Brigadier (R) Asad Munir and addressed to the chief justice is proof of the NAB’s humiliating and degrading conduct,” she said.
She said the NAB had played with people’s dignity more than the number of cases it had solved.
INP adds: In a related development, a banking court in Karachi Friday transferred the money laundering case against former president and PPPP President Asif Ali Zardari, his sister Faryal Talpur and others to Rawalpindi, granting an earlier request by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
The court also withdrew the interim pre-arrest bail granted to Zardari, his sister Faryal Talpur and other suspects.
The banking court had reserved its verdict earlier this month after the NAB furnished a request for transfer of the case to an accountability court.
Zardari and Talpur did not attend the case hearing on Friday; however, Hussain Lawai, Abdul Ghani Majeed and others named in the case were present.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest