Sindh teachers’ attendance system demolished in Larkana
KARACHI: Biometric system of the Sindh Education Department to ensure the attendance of teachers in Sindh province demolished by some unknown persons in Larkana on Saturday.Police registered First Information Report but no arrest has been made.The Biometric system was installed in Larkana, Nawabshah, Sukkur and Hyderabad by the Education Department
By Imdad Soomro
May 31, 2015
KARACHI: Biometric system of the Sindh Education Department to ensure the attendance of teachers in Sindh province demolished by some unknown persons in Larkana on Saturday.
Police registered First Information Report but no arrest has been made.
The Biometric system was installed in Larkana, Nawabshah, Sukkur and Hyderabad by the Education Department last month to ensure the teachers’ attendance.
The Sindh Education Department faces some big challenges, including the attendance of teachers throughout the province. Official figures suggested that more than 10,000 teachers are getting salaries without doing their jobs but independent sources believe that the numbers of these absentee teachers (ghost teachers) are near 30 thousand and some of them are also doing jobs out of the country. On the one hand, the Education Department is doing its best to ensure the attendance of teachers, but some teachers associations, instead of cooperating with the department, are opposing the decisions of biometric system.
Education Secretary Fazul Pechoho told The News that destroying the biometric system is worst kind of terrorism, and the responsible of this act will not be spared. Mr Pechoho said that despite the destruction record could not be destroyed as the department has central record.
He said that responsible persons are well-known who do not wanted the betterment of Sindh province’s education and unfortunately they had political support but they will not spared.
Mr Pechoho said that department is going to install the same biometric system at Mirpur Khas and Karachi in coming few days. “We will repair the system at Larkana and no ghost teacher will spare,” added Mr Pechoho.
Police registered First Information Report but no arrest has been made.
The Biometric system was installed in Larkana, Nawabshah, Sukkur and Hyderabad by the Education Department last month to ensure the teachers’ attendance.
The Sindh Education Department faces some big challenges, including the attendance of teachers throughout the province. Official figures suggested that more than 10,000 teachers are getting salaries without doing their jobs but independent sources believe that the numbers of these absentee teachers (ghost teachers) are near 30 thousand and some of them are also doing jobs out of the country. On the one hand, the Education Department is doing its best to ensure the attendance of teachers, but some teachers associations, instead of cooperating with the department, are opposing the decisions of biometric system.
Education Secretary Fazul Pechoho told The News that destroying the biometric system is worst kind of terrorism, and the responsible of this act will not be spared. Mr Pechoho said that despite the destruction record could not be destroyed as the department has central record.
He said that responsible persons are well-known who do not wanted the betterment of Sindh province’s education and unfortunately they had political support but they will not spared.
Mr Pechoho said that department is going to install the same biometric system at Mirpur Khas and Karachi in coming few days. “We will repair the system at Larkana and no ghost teacher will spare,” added Mr Pechoho.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest