close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
January 12, 2019

240 wedding party members reach hospitals after eating meal

National

January 12, 2019

MANSEHRA: Over 240 people including women and children have been rushed to district headquarters and other hospitals with gastroenteritis and vomiting after they consumed poisonous meal in a wedding ceremony in Battagram Friday night.

“We have sealed poisonous meal and questioning chef and family members of the bridegroom,” Gul Shahzad, the SHO Battagram police station, told reporters. According to locals, wedding ceremony of one Shafieeur Rehman was being held in his Hottal area of Battagram when the condition of people started deteriorating after eating the meal.

As many as 150 people were taken to district headquartershospital and rest to private clinics and hospitals. Shahzad said police were investigating what motives exactly were behind all this which put lives of such a large number of people into danger.

“We would move the court if the administration found guilty of providing poisonous food,” he said. “Thanks Good the condition of all affected people is out of danger, but even then all precautionary measure are being taken by doctors to save lives,” Dr Zakir, the medical superintended of district headquarters hospital, Battagram, told reporters.

Topstory minus plus

Opinion minus plus

Newspost minus plus

Editorial minus plus

National minus plus

World minus plus

Sports minus plus

Business minus plus

Karachi minus plus

Lahore minus plus

Islamabad minus plus

Peshawar minus plus