APS Peshawar attack: Judicial Commission records statement of military officer
PESHAWAR: The Judicial Commission holding inquiry into the Army Public School (APS) attack has recorded the statement of a military officer before finalising the inquiry report.
Imranullah Khan, focal person for the Judicial Commission, told The News that the commission recorded the statement of the military officer over a period of two days. He said the commission had first received a detailed written statement from the Ministry of Defence to the questionnaire sent by it. He said a week ago Justice Muhammad Ibrahim Khan, head of the Judicial Commission, visited the APS, where he was briefed by its administration about the attack.
He said the head of the commission inspected the places of occurrence in the school along with his team consisting of Imanullah Wazir, registrar of the commission, Ajmal Tahir and Imranullah. Imranullah said the commission was briefed about the incident by Brigadier Shakirullah and Brigadier Aamir.
The focal person said the commission after fulfilling all the requirements was now finalising the inquiry report to submit it to the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
It is pertinent to mention that the commission twice extended the deadline for submission of the inquiry report. The first time the commission sought time for recording statements of a large number of parents and injured students.
He added that the second time the deadline was extended on the request of the Ministry of Defence. Imranullah said the commission had completed recording the statements of 93 parents of martyred students along with the injured students and school staff, including teachers.
He said the Judicial Commission also recorded statements of the investigation officers of the Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD). The CTD had already submitted record and investigation report about the APS attack to the commission.
Justice Muhammad Ibrahim Khan, a serving judge of the Peshawar High Court is conducting the inquiry. As many as 147 people, including 132 students were martyred in the attack by the six militants affiliated with the outlawed Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) on December 16, 2014.
Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar on October 5 ordered formation of the commission during his visit to SC Peshawar Registry after hearing grievances of the parents, mostly mothers of the martyred students who requested formation of the judicial commission to probe the APS carnage. Chief Justice Peshawar High Court Waqar Ahmad Seth then notified Justice Muhammad Ibrahim Khan to head the judicial commission.
-
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest -
Hilary Duff Finally Addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic Mom Group' Essay -
Ryan Coogler Explains Why His Latest Project 'Sinners' Is So Close To His Heart -
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Longtime Friend Shares True Feelings Of Royal Couple On Andrew Arrest -
Who Is Punch? Here’s Everything To Know About The Viral Sensation Winning Over Internet -
Andrew's 'mental Health' Concerns Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media -
Taye Diggs Encourages People For Early Cancer Detection After Losing Both His Parents -
Mia Goth Reacts To Ex-partner Shia LaBeouf's Mardi Gras Arrest -
Andrew's Cash Crisis Exposed Amid '£1m' Legal Bills -
Huge Donations Made On Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Matty Healy Sets Summer Wedding Date Close To Ex Taylor Swift's Nuptials -
Jennifer Lawrence On Her Complicated Relationship With Fame While Battling Rejection: 'Annoying' -
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash