Faisalabad trade bodies warn of strike if
FAISALABAD: If the government did not accept the demand for establishment of the Lahore High Court Bench here, trade bodies of Faisalabad division will launch strike.
It was announced at a joint session of the local trade bodies and the chamber members at the FCCI meeting here on Tuesday. The participants of the joint meeting said that establishment of the High Court Bench at Faisalabad was must for speedy justice to 15 million people of Faisalabad Region. Addressing the meeting, FCCI president Syed Zia Alamdar Hussain said that Prime Minister Imran Khan had also supported their demand but now the people were being offered to accept only a registry office of the High Court instead of a full-fledged Divisional Bench of the Lahore High Court.
He said that the registry office was neither our demand nor it fulfills the requirement of the people of Faisalabad division who want justice at their doorstep. He said that some mafias were opposing this genuine demand for their own vested interests. He said that the Lahore High Court was currently responsible for provision of justice to 50 million population of this area. He said that the Islamabad High Court had been established for only 2 million population, whereas the population of Faisalabad city alone was around 4 million, excluding its tehsils and rural areas.
He told that unjustified administrative decisions were fomenting sense of deprivation and the people had been forced to think that they were being denied of their genuine right as compared to other areas of the province.
Syed Zia Alamdar Hussain said that the demand of the High Court Bench was the unanimous demand of the people of Faisalabad Division and it should not be ignored by tagging it as a demand of lawyers alone. He said that the government should immediately accept it and direct the concerned quarters to establish the bench at the earliest. Rohail Zafar, DBA secretary, said that the lawyers’ community was on strike for the last two months. He said that the people were denied of justice. He said that some elements had floated a mischievous stunt of the establishment of a registry just to hijack the actual demand of the Divisional Bench. He said that unity among lawyers, business community and people at large had foiled this conspiracy and now all segments were unanimously demanding that they would not accept any other alternative to the Divisional Bench.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years