South Punjab: Qureshi to contact Shahbaz, Bilawal soon
MULTAN: Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi Saturday said he will soon contact the PML-N President and Opposition Leader Shahbaz Sharif and PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on South Punjab.Speaking to the media persons here, he said there were some legal restrictions and the matter required a constitutional amendment. “It is our desire and a part of our manifesto to make South Punjab a separate province and give it a separate identity,” he said. Talking about the Indian Army Chief General Bipin Rawat’s statement that Pakistan had to be a secular country to have better ties with India, he said Pakistan was an Islamic country and Gen Bipin’s remarks were uncalled-for.
Qureshi welcomed New Delhi’s response to Pakistan’s noble initiative of Kartarpur Corridor to facilitate the Indian Sikh pilgrims.
“We are thankful to the Indian government. They also sent two ministers to the ceremony, “he said.
He said it was a good beginning that should be taken positively. The minister said opening of Kartarpur border had been welcomed all over the world.
-
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75 -
Prince Edward Praised After Andrew's Arrest: 'Scandal-free Brother' -
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again