MULTAN City News
Multan PP-196 by-pollsQureshi charges govt with pre-poll riggingSubmits plea to ECP local office; changes venue for public meeting on 15thFrom Our CorrespondentMULTAN: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Vice Chairman Shah Mehmood Qureshi has alleged that Pakistan Muslim League-N government is misusing the public funds in favour of its candidate as part of
By our correspondents
May 12, 2015
Multan PP-196 by-polls
Qureshi charges govt with pre-poll rigging
Submits plea to ECP local office; changes venue for public meeting on 15th
From Our Correspondent
MULTAN: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Vice Chairman Shah Mehmood Qureshi has alleged that Pakistan Muslim League-N government is misusing the public funds in favour of its candidate as part of pre-poll rigging in PP-196 by-poll.
He was addressing a press conference here Monday outside the Multan Election Commission office after meeting ECP official Israr Ahmed Khan and submitting his petition in this regard. Qureshi said the PML-N government was violating the election code of conduct and it issued a notification on May 8 to declare formation of Chief Ministers’ Special Advisory Committee to prepare proposals for Multan development and beautification.
PML-N by-poll candidate Rana Mehmoodul Hassan is also included in the committee, which is a violation of the election code of conduct, he added. He claimed that the government had directed Multan DCO to facilitate the committee members, while Multan CPO and Tehsil Municipal Officer would be members of the committee. He said the PML-N has bribed the PPP’s proposed candidate Akhtar Hussain and he has joined the PML-N. He has also been made the chairman of Chief Ministers’ Special Advisory Committee. He said the ECP should take notice of the misuse of public resources and cancel a notification, issued by the government in this regard.
He said PML-N candidate’s two brothers-in-law, SHO Zaheer Khan Babar and Multan Electric Power Company official Saifullah Karim, are misusing public resources in his favour. He demanded of the Multan CPO to suspend SHO Rana Zaheer immediately, as he had been indulging in electioneering for his relative. He also demanded Mepco chief take action against Saifullah Karim for misusing Mepco resources in favour of the PML-N candidate. Qureshi also welcomed the ECP decision of deputing Rangers on the polling day. He said the PML-N government had transferred an honest Multan City Police Officer Sultan Ahmed to get desired results but the ECP cancelled his transfer orders.
The Punjab government has sent the CPO on leave instead of his appointment in Multan. He demanded the ECP bring back CPO Sultan Ahmed in Multan. Qureshi said he would meet Chief Election Commission on May 13 to submit his reservations and apprise him about violation of the code of conduct by the government.
Earlier, the PTI announced changing the election meeting venue from Qasimpur to Multan railway grounds after the ECP banned holding any public meeting in the limits of PP-196. PTI Chairman Imran Khan and others would address the gathering on the scheduled date i.e. May 15.
Qureshi charges govt with pre-poll rigging
Submits plea to ECP local office; changes venue for public meeting on 15th
From Our Correspondent
MULTAN: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Vice Chairman Shah Mehmood Qureshi has alleged that Pakistan Muslim League-N government is misusing the public funds in favour of its candidate as part of pre-poll rigging in PP-196 by-poll.
He was addressing a press conference here Monday outside the Multan Election Commission office after meeting ECP official Israr Ahmed Khan and submitting his petition in this regard. Qureshi said the PML-N government was violating the election code of conduct and it issued a notification on May 8 to declare formation of Chief Ministers’ Special Advisory Committee to prepare proposals for Multan development and beautification.
PML-N by-poll candidate Rana Mehmoodul Hassan is also included in the committee, which is a violation of the election code of conduct, he added. He claimed that the government had directed Multan DCO to facilitate the committee members, while Multan CPO and Tehsil Municipal Officer would be members of the committee. He said the PML-N has bribed the PPP’s proposed candidate Akhtar Hussain and he has joined the PML-N. He has also been made the chairman of Chief Ministers’ Special Advisory Committee. He said the ECP should take notice of the misuse of public resources and cancel a notification, issued by the government in this regard.
He said PML-N candidate’s two brothers-in-law, SHO Zaheer Khan Babar and Multan Electric Power Company official Saifullah Karim, are misusing public resources in his favour. He demanded of the Multan CPO to suspend SHO Rana Zaheer immediately, as he had been indulging in electioneering for his relative. He also demanded Mepco chief take action against Saifullah Karim for misusing Mepco resources in favour of the PML-N candidate. Qureshi also welcomed the ECP decision of deputing Rangers on the polling day. He said the PML-N government had transferred an honest Multan City Police Officer Sultan Ahmed to get desired results but the ECP cancelled his transfer orders.
The Punjab government has sent the CPO on leave instead of his appointment in Multan. He demanded the ECP bring back CPO Sultan Ahmed in Multan. Qureshi said he would meet Chief Election Commission on May 13 to submit his reservations and apprise him about violation of the code of conduct by the government.
Earlier, the PTI announced changing the election meeting venue from Qasimpur to Multan railway grounds after the ECP banned holding any public meeting in the limits of PP-196. PTI Chairman Imran Khan and others would address the gathering on the scheduled date i.e. May 15.
-
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song?