CJP takes notice of two minors’ death in Karachi
LAHORE: Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar on Monday took notice of deaths of two minors after consuming food at a famous restaurant in Karachi and sought a report from the Sindh government within 10 days.
A lawyer filed the application to the chief justice pleading that the Sindh Food Authority (SFA) claimed that the restaurant in question was served with a notice two months ago with a warning to improve its food quality.
He said the SFA, however, failed to implement stringent measures to ensure quality of food at public eateries. He said the authority lacked recourses and manpower to discharge its basic duties.
The lawyer asked the chief justice to take notice of the incident in order to protect fundamental rights guaranteed under articles 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 15 and 25 of the Constitution and issue appropriate direction to the authorities concerned as the situation was bad and relevant authorities were not interested in taking prompt action against the responsible.
He asked the CJP to constitute a commission to revamp the food department and as well as safety and quality of imported items and other food products and to suggest a mechanism in relevant departments across Pakistan and especially in Sindh. Two minor brothers died of ‘food poisoning’ and their mother was hospitalised after dining out at a restaurant in a posh locality of Karachi last week.
-
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens -
Director Beth De Araujo Alludes To Andrew's Arrest During Child Trauma Talk -
Video Of Andrew 'consoling' Eugenie Resurfaces After Release From Police Custody -
'Harry Potter' Alum Daniel Radcliffe Gushes About Unique Work Ethic Of Late Co Star Michael Gambon -
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child