APS monument: PHC seeks compliance report from KP govt
PESHAWAR: A division bench of the Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Thursday sought compliance report from the provincial government about a court order to remove the present monumental structure in the name of Army Public School martyrs and replace it with another one whose design represents the emotions of the families of the victims.
A two-member bench comprising Justice Syed Afsar Shah and Justice Abdul Shakoor directed the Peshawar Development Authority and secretary education KP to submit compliance report of the high court order before December 14, next date of hearing.
The order was passed by a two-member bench comprising Justice Qaiser Rashid Khan and Justice Muhammad Nasir Mehfooz.
It was hearing a case filed by Fazal Khan who had challenged and declared the structure built in the memory of APS students as unsuitable for representing the sacrifices of children.
The PHC had directed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government to remove the “fibreglass monument” and design a reasonable structure that represents the emotions of the victim families.
The petitioner is the father of Sahibzada Umer Khan, one of the students who, along with dozens of others, was martyred in a terrorist attack on the school on the morning of December 16, 2014.
He told the court that initially a project concept (PC)-I to build the monument had been approved by the competent authority and the government had provided a grant of Rs15 million for it.
However, the petitioner claimed, when officials of the KP Archives and Libraries Directorate learnt about the project, they started grinding their own axe.
“Thus, a revised PC-I was initiated and had it approved whereby a meagre sum of Rs6.6 million was shown to be appropriate for the construction of the monument and allied matters. In the revised plan, the purchase of books was introduced, for which a hefty amount of Rs8.4 million was allocated,” he added.
-
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final