BAHAWALPUR City News
Boy kidnapped, molested, tortured in BahawalpurFrom Our CorrespondentBAHAWALPUR: A 17-year-old Hafiz-e-Quran boy Muhammad Shabbir was kidnapped, molested and tortured allegedly by his former brother-in-law Abdul Ghaffar and his two accomplices. The kidnappers shaved off his beard and burnt the body with cigarettes. Saddar police station registered an FIR against the
By our correspondents
May 02, 2015
Boy kidnapped, molested, tortured in Bahawalpur
From Our Correspondent
BAHAWALPUR: A 17-year-old Hafiz-e-Quran boy Muhammad Shabbir was kidnapped, molested and tortured allegedly by his former brother-in-law Abdul Ghaffar and his two accomplices.
The kidnappers shaved off his beard and burnt the body with cigarettes. Saddar police station registered an FIR against the nominated culprits, though no arrests were made thus far.
Victim’s father, Qari Abdul Waheed, a resident of Rehmat Colony, Bahawalpur, told The News no action had been taken against the culprits thus far. He and his victim son appealed to the Punjab chief minister, IG Punjab police that the culprits should immediately be arrested and justice should be provided to them.
He said the accused, Abdul Ghaffar, had divorced his daughter and yet he had been hatching conspiracies against his family.
Anti-encroachment drive in Chishtian
A Chishtian tehsil municipal committee team, led by the assistant commissioner, who is also the TMA administrator, launched an operation against encroachments on Qazi Wala Road on Friday.
These encroachers have been there for the last six, seven decades. Now the residents are claiming ownership of these lands with the help of patwaris and other revenue department functionaries.
Some locals alleged that anti-encroachment action was being taken only against the poor people and the influential people were being spared. They demanded an even-handed operation against all encroachers.
From Our Correspondent
BAHAWALPUR: A 17-year-old Hafiz-e-Quran boy Muhammad Shabbir was kidnapped, molested and tortured allegedly by his former brother-in-law Abdul Ghaffar and his two accomplices.
The kidnappers shaved off his beard and burnt the body with cigarettes. Saddar police station registered an FIR against the nominated culprits, though no arrests were made thus far.
Victim’s father, Qari Abdul Waheed, a resident of Rehmat Colony, Bahawalpur, told The News no action had been taken against the culprits thus far. He and his victim son appealed to the Punjab chief minister, IG Punjab police that the culprits should immediately be arrested and justice should be provided to them.
He said the accused, Abdul Ghaffar, had divorced his daughter and yet he had been hatching conspiracies against his family.
Anti-encroachment drive in Chishtian
A Chishtian tehsil municipal committee team, led by the assistant commissioner, who is also the TMA administrator, launched an operation against encroachments on Qazi Wala Road on Friday.
These encroachers have been there for the last six, seven decades. Now the residents are claiming ownership of these lands with the help of patwaris and other revenue department functionaries.
Some locals alleged that anti-encroachment action was being taken only against the poor people and the influential people were being spared. They demanded an even-handed operation against all encroachers.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest