John Bolton terms talks with Qureshi positive
WASHINGTON: US National Security Adviser John Bolton has said that he held constructive talks with Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi during his visit.
Speaking to the media, Bolton said, “Qureshi and I discussed the security assistance that was suspended earlier this year.” FM Qureshi met Bolton and US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in Washington on October 2 with whom he discussed South Asian regional issues and matters of mutual interest. “Qureshi and I also discussed effective strategies against terrorists’ groups and Dr Shakil Afridi’s release” he added.
Further, the national security adviser said, “We hope to work with the new Pakistani government so that we might be able to turn a page and move forward in the fight against terrorism.” On Thursday, FM Qureshi returned to Pakistan after a 10-day trip to the US.
During his visit, Qureshi met with the top US leadership, as well as Pakistani representatives at the embassy and delegations of various countries on the sidelines of the General Assembly’s 73rd session at the United Nations headquarters.
-
Charli XCX Reveals ‘confusing’ Toll ‘Brat’ Popularity Took On Her -
Android Phones At Risk: PromptSpy Malware Exploits AI -
Barry Manilow Gives Insight Into 'very Depressing' Doctor Visit As He Postpones 2026 Arena Tour Due To Cancer -
Margot Robbie Opens Up About Imposter Syndrome ‘crisis’ -
'Desperate' Sarah Ferguson Won't Go Down Without A Fight -
Prince William, Kate Face Major Challenge To Repair Monarchy Reputation After Andrew Arrest -
Hidden ‘dark Galaxy' Traced By Ancient Star Clusters Could Rewrite The Cosmic Galaxy Count -
Eric Dane 'really Wanted To Talk About His Daughters' In His Final Netflix Interview Before Death -
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out