39 run for 9 wards of 3 CBs in Abbottabad
ABBOTTABAD: As many as 49,000 voters will exercise their right of franchise in the Cantonment Board elections in Abbottabad, Havelian and Kalabagh on April 25.A total 39 candidates have been contesting for nine wards of three cantonment boards in the district while one candidate for Ward No-2 in the Cantonment
By Syed Kosar Naqvi
April 24, 2015
ABBOTTABAD: As many as 49,000 voters will exercise their right of franchise in the Cantonment Board elections in Abbottabad, Havelian and Kalabagh on April 25.
A total 39 candidates have been contesting for nine wards of three cantonment boards in the district while one candidate for Ward No-2 in the Cantonment Board Kalabagh has been elected unopposed.
Cantonment Executive Officer (CEO), Abbottabad, Malik Omar Farooq, who is Returning Officer, told reporters on Thursday that all arrangements had been finalised for the elections.
He said that 45 polling stations, including 21 male, 20 female and 4 combined had been established, adding that 13 polling stations were declared sensitive while three very sensitive. He said 259 polling personnel, including 45 presiding officers, 97 assistant presiding officers, 97 polling officers and 20 others have been deployed for the elections.
The CEO said that army personnel and police would be deployed at the polling stations. Twenty-eight candidates are contesting for five wards of the Cantonment Board Abbottabad while eight candidates are contesting elections for the Cantonment Board Havelian.
Similarly, three candidates are contesting on two wards of Cantonment Board (PAF base) Kalabagh. Muhammad Bashir Khan has been elected on Ward No-2 in Kalabagh.PTI has awarded ticket to candidates for all wards in Abbottabad, PML-N fielded four candidates, PPP managed to award tickets to two candidates while JI and PAT one each.
Our correspondent in Nowshera adds: About 38 candidates will try their luck on seven seats in Cantonment Board, Nowshera, and Risalpur in the local government elections to be held tomorrow.
The officials said that 23 candidates out of the 38 were contesting elections for seats in Cantonment Board Nowshera while 15 were contesting election in Cantonment Board Risalpur.The preparations for the local government polls have been finalised. A total of 15,735 voters, including 8,739 male and 6996 female registered voters would use their right to vote in four wards of the Cantt Board Nowshera.
The administration had established five polling stations for male and four for female voters.Likewise, 15 candidates were contesting the election for three wards of Risalpur Cantonment Board. About 13,099 male and female registered voters would cast their votes on eight polling stations in Risalpur.
A total 39 candidates have been contesting for nine wards of three cantonment boards in the district while one candidate for Ward No-2 in the Cantonment Board Kalabagh has been elected unopposed.
Cantonment Executive Officer (CEO), Abbottabad, Malik Omar Farooq, who is Returning Officer, told reporters on Thursday that all arrangements had been finalised for the elections.
He said that 45 polling stations, including 21 male, 20 female and 4 combined had been established, adding that 13 polling stations were declared sensitive while three very sensitive. He said 259 polling personnel, including 45 presiding officers, 97 assistant presiding officers, 97 polling officers and 20 others have been deployed for the elections.
The CEO said that army personnel and police would be deployed at the polling stations. Twenty-eight candidates are contesting for five wards of the Cantonment Board Abbottabad while eight candidates are contesting elections for the Cantonment Board Havelian.
Similarly, three candidates are contesting on two wards of Cantonment Board (PAF base) Kalabagh. Muhammad Bashir Khan has been elected on Ward No-2 in Kalabagh.PTI has awarded ticket to candidates for all wards in Abbottabad, PML-N fielded four candidates, PPP managed to award tickets to two candidates while JI and PAT one each.
Our correspondent in Nowshera adds: About 38 candidates will try their luck on seven seats in Cantonment Board, Nowshera, and Risalpur in the local government elections to be held tomorrow.
The officials said that 23 candidates out of the 38 were contesting elections for seats in Cantonment Board Nowshera while 15 were contesting election in Cantonment Board Risalpur.The preparations for the local government polls have been finalised. A total of 15,735 voters, including 8,739 male and 6996 female registered voters would use their right to vote in four wards of the Cantt Board Nowshera.
The administration had established five polling stations for male and four for female voters.Likewise, 15 candidates were contesting the election for three wards of Risalpur Cantonment Board. About 13,099 male and female registered voters would cast their votes on eight polling stations in Risalpur.
-
Charli XCX Reveals ‘confusing’ Toll ‘Brat’ Popularity Took On Her -
Android Phones At Risk: PromptSpy Malware Exploits AI -
Barry Manilow Gives Insight Into 'very Depressing' Doctor Visit As He Postpones 2026 Arena Tour Due To Cancer -
Margot Robbie Opens Up About Imposter Syndrome ‘crisis’ -
'Desperate' Sarah Ferguson Won't Go Down Without A Fight -
Prince William, Kate Face Major Challenge To Repair Monarchy Reputation After Andrew Arrest -
Hidden ‘dark Galaxy' Traced By Ancient Star Clusters Could Rewrite The Cosmic Galaxy Count -
Eric Dane 'really Wanted To Talk About His Daughters' In His Final Netflix Interview Before Death -
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out