First return flight of pilgrims lands in Peshawar
PESHAWAR: The first flight to bring back the pilgrims after performing hajj landed at the Bacha Khan International Airport on Monday. The Saudi Airlines landed at the Bacha Khan International Airport at 4:40pm, bringing back 252 pilgrims. A simple ceremony was held at the airport to welcome the returning pilgrims where they were served tea and biscuits. Federal Minister for Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony Noorul Haq Qadri was the chief guest on the occasion. Deputy Airport Manager and Chief Operating Officer Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Obaidur Rehman Abbasi, Director Hajj, Shakeel Sethi, other officials of CAA, Ministry of Religious Affairs and Bacha Khan International Airport (BKIA) were also present on the occasion. They welcomed the returning Hajis and presented them with floral bouquets and garlanded them upon arrival at the airport. Speaking on the occasion,Noorul Haq Qadri said that proper arrangements were made to ensure quality services to pilgrims. He was satisfied with pre and post-Hajj flight operations of the CAA. The minister said all the related facilities had been provided to the pilgrims in Saudi Arabia who were performing Hajj under the government scheme. He said he had resumed the charge of the office just a few days ago and vowed to ensure improved facilities to the returning Hajis. The other flight of Airblue, which was scheduled to land at the airport, was diverted to the newly constructed Islamabad Airport. An airport official said that the flight was diverted to Islamabad as the night flight operation had been suspended for security reasons since long. The Airblue had flown the first batch of intending pilgrims to Saudi Arabia from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on July 14. The Hajj flights operation was successfully completed on August 15 when the last flight had taken the intending pilgrims to Saudi Arabia. Around 30,000 pilgrims from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa went to Saudi Arabia to perform Hajj this year.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years