PHC defends sacking of judges
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) has said the judges were sacked recently due to consecutive three years adverse Annual Confidential Reports (ACRs) and having a persistent reputation of being corrupt.
The PHC issued a statement after the sacked judges told a press conference that there was no evidence about their indiscipline and they had been removed on the basis of hearsay. The PHC sacked four judges of the district judiciary on the charges of corruption and misconduct on August 17. They included three additional and district and sessions judges and one female civil judge. As per the notifications, the competent authority removed three additional district and sessions judges (BPS-21) — Aurangzeb Khan, Naeem Iqbal and Shakeelur Rehman and female civil judge Saima Irfan from service.
The resignation of civil judge Johar Ijaz Ali Shah was accepted and departmental proceedings against him were dropped after he requested to be allowed to tender unconditional resignation.“All the four judges who were removed from service had earned adverse ACRs for the year 2015, 2016 and 2017, including the judicial officer who had resigned. Despite adverse entries, communicated to them, they failed to guard their reputation and persistently reported being corrupt,” the PHC claimed in the statement issued through Assistant Protocol Officer, Hina Shakeel on Monday. It was stated that the PHC administrative committee in its unanimous decision recommended departmental proceedings against them. “Their counselling was done before the action, but they did not improve. Hence, they were served with a show-cause notice under Rule 7 of the Government Servants (Efficiency and Discipline) Rules, 2011. After receiving their replies they were personally heard patiently and every detail was discussed with them,” the high court claimed, adding that they were apprised of the record against them and given an opportunity to contradict it.
Rejecting the claims of the judicial officers that there existed no evidence of their indiscipline, it said, they were treated fairly and in accordance with law. In 2017, it said, 13 judicial officers, who earned adverse ACRs for consecutive three years and having a persistent reputation of being corrupt, were also dismissed from the service by adopting the same method. It said that the case of the present judicial officers was on par with them; therefore, they were treated alike. The PHC explanation came after a press conference of the sacked judges.
They had asked the PHC chief justice to review their removal from service claiming there was no evidence of their indiscipline. The sacked additional district and sessions judges including Naeem Iqbal, Aurangzeb Khan and Shakeelur Rehman at a news conference held judiciary in high esteem and wanted justice through a fair trial.
They claimed that they had not received show-cause notices and also not violated discipline.
The sacked judges had also claimed that members of the judiciary were delivering justice to the people but ironically, they were denied justice. They had said they had filed a petition with the court against their suspension but even then, they were sacked in undue haste. The sacked judges had claimed that the high court had delayed hearing into their petition and that was why they moved the Supreme Court to get orders for early hearing but to no avail. The former judges said all accused and even suspected terrorists got an opportunity of a fair trial but they were not even told about their wrongdoings.
-
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest -
Hilary Duff Finally Addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic Mom Group' Essay -
Ryan Coogler Explains Why His Latest Project 'Sinners' Is So Close To His Heart -
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Longtime Friend Shares True Feelings Of Royal Couple On Andrew Arrest -
Who Is Punch? Here’s Everything To Know About The Viral Sensation Winning Over Internet -
Andrew's 'mental Health' Concerns Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media